News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Long delay after answering incoming call

Started by erict, January 15, 2012, 02:50:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

erict

I use OBI100 with GV outbound and CallCentric inbound.  After having the OB100 running for about 6 weeks or so, when receiving a call (via CallCentric) inbound, I'd pick up the phone and say "Hello, hello, hello, hello" and it would be 12-15 seconds before the calling party would be on the line to hear it.

I tested this by calling from another phone, and the calling phone hears ringing the entire time I say "hello".  It is like the call is only connected on the receiving side and then there is a long delay before the calling side is connected.

I traced it to the OBI100 by rebooting the device, after which the problem went away.

Is there a way to avoid this condition from recurring other than rebooting the OBI every week or two?

Please advise.

thanks
Eric

Kansas-Family

I know this post is a little old, but I'm having the same trouble.  Has anyone figured out how to remedy this?

Raki1974

I am having the same problem, its weird that no one has answered this :(

QBZappy

Raki1974,,

This is actually something that others have mentioned here on the forum. I suspect that those that take the trouble to post on the forum represent the tip of the iceberg. At the moment it is certainly a known problem. However OBihai are either quietly trying to fix it or they are stumped. Send them a support request, and see what they say and keep us posted.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

JohnBowler

I've experienced the same problem with GV inbound.

A suggestion elsewhere was to simply reboot the Obi (via the web or simply pull the power.)

John Bowler <jbowler@acm.org>

DonB

I don't have this issue, but just curious is this only happening to those that use 2 different providers for incoming and outgoing, or does this also have to a single provider setup ??

JohnBowler

It happened to me when I was just using GV, but I did have two GV accounts on my 202 at the time.  I don't think it's happened to me in the last few days, but I have been rebooting my 202 quite often (because I've been making configuration changes.)

DavidP

I am also having this problem.  I hope someone from OBi will respond.   Two things seem to fix it for me:

1.  Making sure I don't have the stuttering dial tone
2.  Rebooting OBi 100 by unplugging it.

Ostracus

JohnBowler

Quote from: Ostracus on June 29, 2012, 03:45:54 PM
Might syslog provide a clue?

Possibly; have you used it successfully?  I know that, given time, that I can set it up since I have at least one Linux system that I'm sure can accept the remote syslog messages, but I've never done it...  Also I know it's an option on the 202, which is runing 2.6.30 on a fairly reduced uClibC/busybox system, but is it an option on the 100 or 110?

I'm also not sure that the Obihai stuff, which does most of the work in the 202, will actually use syslog to record its problems though, since they provide the option of remote syslog in the UI, I guess this is fairly likely.