News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi110 and two Google Voice Numbers to Two Different Phones

Started by lmr1121, February 08, 2013, 10:01:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lmr1121

Is it possible to configure the Obi110 for two separate Google numbers so that each number rings a different physical telephone? I've been fooling around, but haven't figured out a solution.

As an alternative, I'm wondering if I had a small router and one Obi110 box (mine) and one Obi100 (friend has one that's not being used) if it would work that way.

It may be that I need to move up to the Obi202, but thought I would check here first to see if anyone's tried anything like this.

Thanks!

Felix

Hi, lmr1121 and welcome to the forum.

This would be a great question for New to Using the OBi / VoIP forum. In fact, this question was asked and answered many times.

In short, no - you can only hook up one physical phone to OBi100 or OBi110. Both OBi202 and a "small router" would work. Is there a router in current configuration? If yes, than you probably meant "a small switch".

Shale

I was wrong when I said "The OBi202 has two phone ports, but only one of the services can be Google Voice." Thanks for  the corrections.

I now see that http://www.obihai.com/docs/OBi202DS.pdf specifically says that up to 4 GV accounts can be used. I don't know if that differed from some earlier documentation. I normally don't make things up like that.

N7AS

Quote from: Shale on February 08, 2013, 11:15:45 PM

The OBi202 has two phone ports, but only one of the services can be Google Voice.

The OBi202 has the ability of 4 service providers. You can have up to 4 Google Voice numbers configured or any combination of GV and SIP providers for a total of 4.
Grant N7AS
Prescott Valley, AZ
https://www.n7as.com

A journeyman electrician sent his apprentice with a 5-gallon bucket and was told to put the ends of the service drop in the bucket and fill it with volts. He was there all day.

giqcass

I can confirm OBI202 = up to four services.  They can all be Google Voice if you want.  Plus of course OBitalk as a fifth service. 
The 110 can support two services plus 1 OBitalk account.  It only allows one telephone to be connected unless the second phone is a VOIP phone.   If you had a cheap VOIP phone you could ring that and a regular phone.

Alternatively you could ring one phone with a different ring for each Google Voice account.
Long live our new ObiLords!