News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi202 for a small office?

Started by Robert.Thompson, September 11, 2012, 07:55:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robert.Thompson

Hello:

My friend has a small office with 6 Meridian phones connected to Bell Canada business lines.

He considering making a switch to VoiP.

My question is whether an Obi202 'big enough' (sorry :) ) to handle his needs.

Any suggestions concerning the configuration of this small office switching to VoIP would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Rob. (Obi newbie.)

OBi 110 using Anveo - but presently testing AcroVoice
My blog: www.googlevoiceforcanadians.com

carl

Well, since Obi 202 allows for only 2 separate lines he would need 3 Obis. IMO he also needs a business internet line because I do not think a residential line could handle more than 4 simultaneous VOIP calls.

mrjoe

Using my Obi110 in conjunction with a PAP2 I've made 9 simultaneous bridged calls.
I'm sure the system could have handled more too.

I have 5Mb/s Download 85Kb/s Upload

Hortoristic

Sort of lost how you made so many calls?  Don't you physically only have two seperate phones to call out on between the two devices?  Thus why needing 3 - OBI 202 to support 6 handsets?

mrjoe

I called my line from my Cell, did a Blind Transfer to another number then hung up, put the call on hold on my Cell, Conferenced it with the previous outbound call then called again until I had 9 calls going at the same time.
I had to start using my wife's phone after 5 calls.

I have lots of Channels on my numbers and I'm sure the system could have handled more very easily!

Anyway I'm hoping to get an Obi202 with the ObiBT and then I'll ditch my Obi110, PAP2 and Xlink Gateway.

Please advise me if you think this is a wrong decision  :)