News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Answer Line 2 from Line 1

Started by arrosen, October 23, 2012, 12:44:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arrosen

If line 2 is ringing, but I am not near the line 2 phone, is there a way that I can answer the call from a phone on line 1?

I know that I can set both lines to ring, but that is not what I want...just in the occasional situation where I need to answer line 2 from line 1

Thanks!

jimates

press #

PHONE 1/2 Collaborative Features (OBi202 Only)

While PHONE 1 and PHONE 2 can function independently of each other, the OBi202 also offers some collaborative features to let the two phone ports work together as a mini phone system.

With the factory default digit map and call routing rules, you can dial a single "#" (pound/hash) digit to call from one phone port to ring the other phone port. Depending on the current state of the called phone, one of the following can happen:

1 - If the called phone is idle (on-hook), it will ring normally with a special Caller-ID that indicates the call is from the other PHONE Port.
2 - If the called phone is already on a call, the calling phone will barge in to join the call.
3 - If the called phone is on-hook with a call on-hold, the calling phone will pick up and resume that call.
4 - If the called phone is ringing, the calling phone will pick up and aswer that call.
5 - For all other scenarios, the calling phone will hear busy tone.

Note that you can prevent the calling phone port from doing 2, 3 and 4, as they can be disabled by setting the parameter EnablePhonePortBargeIn to false for that port. In that case, 2 will become normal call-waiting on the called phone, but the calling phone will hear busy tone for 3 and 4.

You can also transfer an external call from PHONE 1 to PHONE 2 the usual way: while connected on an external all, hook flash and dial # to ring the other phone, then hang up to transfer when the caller phone rings or answers.

For incoming calls on any trunk (SP1-4 or OBiTALK Service), one can set up the corresponding inbound call route to ring just PHONE 1 or PHONE 2 or both. The default inbound call routes are setup to ring both phone ports.

For outgoing calls, each phone port has its own digit map and outbound call route configuration, which means that you have the full flexibility in allocating trunks for making calls from each port independently. Each port may also have a different primary line assigned; the default however is to set the prmary line to SP1 for both phone ports