News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

No Ring but Obi110 Phone port and Internet light blinks

Started by khantpr, June 30, 2012, 09:29:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

khantpr

I have noticed that starting last night, I am not getting any incoming calls and no dial-tine on phones.

I have checked to ensure that phone was plugged correctly into phone line and also rebooted my Obi110. When I call my GV number (configured on SP1) from my cell, the Internet light starts blinking and so does the Phone port light blinks but the phone itself does not ring. I have logged into Obitalk and when I call, the "Call Status" shows the number I can calling from as if it call is coming through and that it should ring the phone but the phone does not ring. I also do not have dialtone to make outbound calls.

Any one experienced this before or know how to resolve or troubleshoot...

pc44

Hi khantpr,

Just to confirm, when you log in to your OBI, under System -> System Status -> SP1 Service Status -> Status,

Does it say "Connected" ?

Since you said you have no dialtone, I just wanted to double-check that your SP1 Status is Connected.  If all of your settings check out, then perhaps the Phone Port on the OBI has become damaged or is defective.  If this turns out to be so, you may need to contact Obihai at that point.  For now, let us know if you have any more information on your OBI configuration status.  Worst case scenario, you could reset the OBI to factory settings and then see if you have a dialtone.

pc44

khantpr

Hi pc44,
Yes all checkout well and did a factory reset and still same symptoms and looks like the phone port is deal. I cannot hear any static or no beeps when pressing digits on phone connected to phone port.

I was told by Obihai Support team to sent the copy of invoice and they will issue a RMA for the defective unit and sent a replacement.

pc44

Hi khantpr,

Thanks for the update!

It's too bad that the phone port is now defective, but it is GREAT that Obihai is sending an RMA replacement.  Sounds like they are taking care of the problem for you.  I imagine you will be back up and running fairly soon.  8)

pc44