News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Forwarding specific callers to specific an specific destination number

Started by Raki1974, July 20, 2012, 02:05:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raki1974

I have an ObiHai 110, a PSTN line and a google voice configured.

I currently have all incoming calls to the PSTN line forwarded directly to a USA phone through SP1 (Google voice) like this:

physical interfaces / line / inboundcallingroute: {sp1(destination number)}

Is there a way that if specific numbers call the PSTN line they can be forwarded to another destination number?

Thank you!

Joel

jimates

yes. You have to put those rules ahead of your current rule because it process the rules in left to right order and the first to match is the one that is used.

physical interfaces / line / inboundcallingroute:
{(1xxxxxxxxxx|1xxxxxxxxxx):sp1(1yyyyyyyyyy)},{sp1(destination number)}
sends the first 2 numbers to 1yyyyyyyyyy using sp1 and all other numbers to "destination number" using sp1.
or
{(1xxxxxxxxxx|1xxxxxxxxxx):sp1(1yyyyyyyyyy)},{(1xxxxxxxxxx):sp1(1zzzzzzzzzz)},{sp1(destination number)}
sends the first 2 numbers to 1yyyyyyyyyy using sp1 and the 3rd number to 1zzzzzzzzzz using sp1 and all other numbers to 'destination number" using sp1.

get the idea? change the destination numbers or change the spx used for outgoing. Add to the suggested rules, make sure you use the separators between numbers and commas between the rules.

example: this is one of my inbound call routes. It routes any of the 3 numbers to the 4 the number using sp4 and all other calls are forked to phone port 1 and my 3 obion apps.

{(1814322xxxx|1814241xxxx|1814659xxxx):sp4(1814419xxxx)},{ph1,pp(ob29021xxxx),pp(ob29017xxxx),pp(ob29062xxxx)}

jimates

The cleaner way is to use defined digit maps.

physical interfaces / line / inboundcallingroute
{(abc):sp1(1xxxxxxxxxx)},{(def):sp1(1yyyyyyyyy)},{sp1(destination number)}

Set user defined digit maps named abc & def
user defined digit map abc = (1xxxxxxxxx|1xxxxxxxxxx|1xxxxxxxxxx)
user defined digit map def = (1xxxxxxxxx|1xxxxxxxxxx|1xxxxxxxxxx)

forwards any number in digit map "abc" to 1xxxxxxxxxx and forwards any number in digit map "def" to 1yyyyyyyyyy and all other calls to "destination number"

Then you can just go into the digit maps and add or delete numbers as needed.

jimates

Remember that all forwarded calls will carry the caller id of the google voice number used for forwarding.