December 17, 2017, 05:30:41 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Forum Home   Search Login Register OBiTALK  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Obion App on Droid 3 Terminates after 9 min 13 secs - EVERY TIME  (Read 28868 times)
ckGA

« on: July 03, 2012, 09:35:30 pm »

My husband is active duty military and is in Turkey:  my goal was that the Obitalk app would keep me in touch with my husband - I really miss talking to him.  I have called on my app from my Droid 3 (both using google voice) and so has he (same phone) and literally, every time we use it to call - doesn't matter the number, it disconnects after 9 mins 13 secs.  My router is AT&T's 2wire and I have made sure all the ports are correct according to the other threads.... I have uninstalled the obitalk app and unassigned it from the obi...then re-installed and still - same thing.

I can talk on my analog phone connection (google voice) connected to my Obi and I don't ever get disconnected...it's only when using the app on my Droid 3.  Someone really smart please help me...I miss my husband and want to talk to him - not get disconnected every 9 minutes when we do get to speak.

:-(
Michael_Reeder

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 06:38:43 pm »

Wish I could help -- just want to report the SAME PROBLEM.  I had calls both dropped shortly after 9 minutes twice tonight.

I am utilizing OBiON on an HTC phone.
Saleemahmed

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2013, 04:17:37 am »

Hi
When I load Obion for android app on my Samsung galaxy S-3 Instead of loading It gives error message that it has stopped and gives me option to close or report problem. Can any one help fix this.

Smee

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2013, 11:16:33 pm »

My husband is active duty military and is in Turkey:  my goal was that the Obitalk app would keep me in touch with my husband - I really miss talking to him.  I have called on my app from my Droid 3 (both using google voice) and so has he (same phone) and literally, every time we use it to call - doesn't matter the number, it disconnects after 9 mins 13 secs.  My router is AT&T's 2wire and I have made sure all the ports are correct according to the other threads.... I have uninstalled the obitalk app and unassigned it from the obi...then re-installed and still - same thing.

I can talk on my analog phone connection (google voice) connected to my Obi and I don't ever get disconnected...it's only when using the app on my Droid 3.  Someone really smart please help me...I miss my husband and want to talk to him - not get disconnected every 9 minutes when we do get to speak.

:-(

The Android app seems to have a few curious issues.  For me the annoyance is with it crashing when a bluetooth headset is connected.  Wish I could use it with it, but it force closes every time. I gave up on that and bought groove ip from the play store.  It was five bucks and worth every penny.  Groove IP uses Google Voice as well, but I don't recommend that you use the same GV account as you are using with your Obi device, if you are using one.  It will cause phone not ringing issues. If you are only using the Obion app and don't use the Obi hardware, you can use your same account. I am sure they will fix the Obion app sometime in the future though.  The question is when...  Lips sealed

Take care...

Smee

newInforum

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2015, 07:10:15 am »

same problem. the calls from my android obitalk is alwasy disconnected after 9minutes 13 seconds.
android: 4.2.2.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: