News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Google call not forwarded to the right number

Started by Frankfone, July 04, 2012, 10:22:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frankfone

This is VERY strange. I have a couple of GV numbers. WHen I set up the Obi110 I must have requested the calls to be sent to GTalk and also my forwarding number which is one Magicjack device. Now, I want to forward the calls to my office number but, no matter which number I put on Google Voice to forward to ( they are all verified numbers) the calls keep going to the Magicjack. I even deleted this Magicjack number form the GV list of forwarding numbers, I checked the group and circles in GV to make sure the number was not listed there, but, the Obi110 keeps calling this number whenever anybody calls me. Any expert suggestions? Thank you very much.
PS: I even try resetting the Obi

jimates

Quote from: Frankfone on July 04, 2012, 10:22:00 PM
This is VERY strange. I have a couple of GV numbers. WHen I set up the Obi110 I must have requested the calls to be sent to GTalk and also my forwarding number which is one Magicjack device. Now, I want to forward the calls to my office number but, no matter which number I put on Google Voice to forward to ( they are all verified numbers) the calls keep going to the Magicjack. I even deleted this Magicjack number form the GV list of forwarding numbers, I checked the group and circles in GV to make sure the number was not listed there, but, the Obi110 keeps calling this number whenever anybody calls me. Any expert suggestions? Thank you very much.
PS: I even try resetting the Obi
but, the Obi110 keeps calling this number.....
What you describe sounds like: Google sends the calls to the Obi (Google Chat), then the Obi forks the calls to the MJ.
Are the calls being forwarded from the Obi? If so the settings at google have nothing to do with it (unless you remove the Google Chat as a forwarding phone).

If you are using the Obitalk portal to manage the Obi.
Resetting the device will indeed reset it, but as soon as it communicates with the Obitalk portal it will be repopulated with the configuration from the portal. You would need to remove the device from the Obitalk account and start over. This would remove the configuration from the portal.

Stewart

Is the OBi forwarding the calls, or is it GV?  For example, if you unplug the OBi and call your GV number (from a phone not associated with your GV account), does the MJ ring?  If so, it's not related to the OBi and you should seek help from Google or on GV forum.

Otherwise, log into the OBi directly (not the OBiTalk portal) and check whether you have any forwarding numbers set up, or have an InboundCallRoute that might be sending calls elsewhere.  Also, check the OBi's Call History -- the call may be reaching your MJ via a roundabout path.

Frankfone

Thank you Jimates and Stewart for always helping us... the real newbies, here.

I was able to correct the problem using a simple solution: I pressed *73# to disable call forwarding and then press *721-XXX-XXXX# to re-enable call forwarding and my nightmare was solved.

Thank you very much you'all.