June 05, 2020, 02:37:43 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:
 
   Forum Home   Search Login Register OBiTALK  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: POTS Line CallerID Passing  (Read 5731 times)
Hyperlight
Newbie
*
Posts: 4


« on: July 06, 2012, 03:33:14 pm »

Hi,

I recently got a obi110. I have it setup so that calls coming in on my POTS line are routed to my SIP phones, however I am having trouble passing the POTS callerID through. I see it just fine on my call history on the device:

Terminal ID   LINE1   SP2
Peer Name   Toll Free Serv    
Peer Number   (inbound#)   175
Direction   Inbound   Outbound

I currently have the config line in the SP2 service "CallerIDName" set to "external", so i know its a POTS call. But if I leave it blank it doesn't pass caller ID through. What would I need to configure to make this happen?
Logged
Stewart
Hero Member
*****
Posts: 1125


« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2012, 05:31:47 pm »

Make sure that X_SpoofCallerID for the ITSP Profile for SP2 is set.

If it was already on or didn't help, try increasing Line Port -> RingDelay to 6000.

If still no luck, use SIP Debug and syslog to see whether the caller ID was sent in the From header of the INVITE to your phones.

Also, if it's not a real POTS line (cable digital voice, ISDN adapter, Vonage, etc.) please provide details.
Logged
Hyperlight
Newbie
*
Posts: 4


« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2012, 10:18:39 am »

I have X_SpoofCallerID selected. And I tried changing the RingDelay, its still not passing the callerID correctly.

In the incoming call logs it looks like this:

Terminal ID   LINE1   SP2
Peer Name   (Name)
Peer Number   (Number)   100
Direction   Inbound   Outbound
10:10:34   Ringing   
10:10:45   End Call

So the Obi is getting the correct call info from my POTS line. Yes its a true pots line.

On the invite to my phones its gets this:

Received:
INVITE sip:100@10.1.0.2:5060 SIP/2.0
Call-ID: 4aec78aa@10.100.1.50
Content-Length: 400
CSeq: 8001 INVITE
From: <sip:172@10.1.0.2>;tag=SP217434b3e69d8b1e6
Max-Forwards: 70
To: <sip:100@10.1.0.2>
Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 10.100.1.50:5061;branch=z9hG4bK-26c534a2;rport
User-Agent: OBIHAI/OBi110-1.2.1.2385
Contact: <sip:172@10.100.1.50:5061>
Expires: 60
Supported: replaces
Allow: ACK,BYE,CANCEL,INFO,INVITE,NOTIFY,OPTIONS,REFER
Remote-Party-ID: <sip:172@10.1.0.2>;party=calling;privacy=off
Content-Type: application/sdp

100 is the local extension of my SIP phones, and 172 what the Obi device registered with on my SIP server with the credentials for the SP2 service. I am running a Cisco 2811 as my SIP server if that helps.
Logged
Stewart
Hero Member
*****
Posts: 1125


« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2012, 11:11:55 am »

If Line Port -> InboundCallRoute is set to other than {SP2(100)} , please explain.

Otherwise, are there any clues in the non-SIP syslog entries?  In my case (connection to an Orange Livebox), I noticed bogus "line in use" messages.  It turned out the the loop voltage from the Livebox between rings was low and the second ring was interpreted as a new call (with no caller ID).  I doubt that this could be happening to you, since you have a real POTS line, but you may see something else that's fishy.

If you still have trouble, please post all the non-default settings you have for ITSP Profile B (or A, whichever is associated with your SP2) and for SP2 Service, except passwords and any other info that you deem personal.  Also, all non-default settings for the Line port.
Logged
Hyperlight
Newbie
*
Posts: 4


« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2012, 12:34:04 pm »

InboundCallRoute on my Line port is SP2(100)

The only change I have made to my Line port is the DialDigitOn & Off time and DigitDelay. This was due to some of my long distance calls from SIP -> POTS not connecting due to the obi dialing too quickly.

The only change in the ITSP Profile B that i have made is the ProxyServer. Which is set to my PBX IP address 10.1.0.2.

The problem is the obi is passing 172, which is the userID for the SP2 registration as the callerID to my phones and not the external calling number.
Logged
Stewart
Hero Member
*****
Posts: 1125


« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2012, 01:20:40 pm »

The only change in the ITSP Profile B that i have made is the ProxyServer. Which is set to my PBX IP address 10.1.0.2.
If that's literally true, then X_SpoofCallerID is not set, though it should be.

Otherwise, carefully check the syslog output on a failing call.  Does it show the caller ID being captured, well before the INVITE is sent?  Any other strange events?

What do you have on SP1?  Assuming that it can receive a call, try temporarily setting its InboundCallRoute to SP2(100), and report whether caller ID passes correctly over that link.
Logged
Hyperlight
Newbie
*
Posts: 4


« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2012, 01:25:14 pm »

Ok I fixed the problem. This is a my bad case. I thought that SP2 service would automatically use ITSP Profile B I wasn't aware one had to actually specify it. I changed the profile to "B" and its passing callerID correctly now.

Thanks for your assistance.
Logged
Xianren
Newbie
*
Posts: 1


« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2012, 02:26:23 am »

If still no luck, use SIP Debug and syslog to see whether the

HI,Stewart,

I don't know how to use SIP Debug and Syslog. Would you please detail, because I am a newbie.

Thanks.
Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC