News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

obi110 with GV/callcentric (cc used for incoming sipbroker calls)

Started by wheaton, July 07, 2012, 02:36:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wheaton

GV on SP1
Callcentric on SP2

When calling the gateway number on sipbroker and entering the *462 1777xxxxxxx it will then ring on usually to my obi.

The cid that makes it (if it is accually sent will vary in format.  So I have a xxxx number in my trusted that will catch and send to the auto attendant the incoming call so that I can bridge it to GV to make a outbound call.

I would like to know how I can make it send all calls to the AA for every call on the SP2 interface (from callcentric).  This still should be mostly secure and require the pin like usual.

Please let me know if my question needs clarification and thanks for any assistance.

Stewart

To route all SP2 calls to the AA, simply set SP2 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute to {aa}

However, the path you are using (needing three-stage dialing) may be more complex than needed.

If you are in the US, just call your GV number and at the main voicemail menu, press 2 to make an outgoing call.  This does not involve the OBi at all and should be more reliable with better quality.

Otherwise, if there are Localphone and/or Rebtel gateways in your country, you can set it up so that calling a local number will directly ring your Callcentric iNum and route right to your OBi's AA.  Calls to iNum are free with either.

If neither of the above will work for you, please post details.

wheaton

Thank you for your response.  I probably should have added that I am setting this scheme up for a friend that is an international flight attendant.  Trying to give her a way to dial into the us from local phones where she is and reach us destinations.  I am looking closer at rebtel to see if its any better.  Your absolutely correct when in the US calling into GV is very useful.

Thanks again for the assistance I will report back on what ends up working.

wheaton

Everything is working as desired now when I set SP2 to send all calls to {aa} (auto attendant) as suggested.

I looked closely at rebtel and found that it would not meet my needs.  Seems they lack the gateways that sipbroker has in addition to not allowing you to use the obi as a sip endpoint.

Please correct me if I am wrong on this.  I see that they have their own pc softphone but not sure if it is using sip.

I would love to use rebtel but it needs the gateways and sip to be useful.

Thanks,
Thomas