News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

This is how I fixed my Dropped Calls FYI

Started by dazed, December 02, 2011, 04:00:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dazed

I am posting this from my other thread in case it can help someone else out

Okay after a couple weeks of frustrating dropped GV calls, which were vary random and usually happened under 5 minutes...I tried

1) tried putting my network (1000Mbit) router into Vlan (same subnet no choice...would have like to try a fix were it said would work with another subnet, but short of using another router I tried...)

2) Plugging device directly into modem and problems did not dissapear.

3) Emailed OBI TS twice and finally got some instructions to do that seem to be working.

Now I searched for this info and I could not find any posts about doing this procedure...I could not even find it in the OBi Device Administration Guide (all 141 pages searched).

So in hopes that this helps someone else Fixing there problems I'm posting what worked for me. It looks like it
turned out that my obi device would only connect to my router at 10Mbits Half duplex.
I saw it doing this originally, but this is how my other sipura device connected to my router and i had no problems so I thought nothing of it.

Okay this it what tech support emailed me to do....

Please try to force OBi to 100Mbit/Full duplex.
Press *** 0 option 27#, press 1, value=1#, press 1 to save

I haven't had a dropped call yet since I did this...also My tx errors from the Obi device has stopped (I can check that in my router) Also I have 0% packet loss (okay maybe 1 or 2 packets per call) recorded on the obi device.

I think this info should be at least added to the .PDF file about the 10/100 switch.

Thanks.

AndyJ

Thanks for sharing that information! I guess it's a super-secret code :) My OBi110 would also only negotiate a 10M/Half connection with my gigabit router. I really didn't notice any problems, although the statistics on the router showed a lot of collisions. I tried the sequence you posted, and now it's happily working at 100M/Full.

Wuwu

I too have been experiencing several dropped calls and missing voice transmission - almost as if I was on a cell phone.  I am using a linksys wireless N router and plan to try your suggestion... Hopefully it helps!!!

jmedeiros

Just made the change and we'll see what happens!  :-)
:)

ccclapp

hi,

Thanks for posting this!  I'm not having a problem with my OBIHAI but I would think being in 100 mode is generally better than 10 mode.  therefore I too made this change.

Before doing it I checked the Administration Guide searching for 27 and you're right it's not listed.  This makes one wonder what else is not in the administration guide it would be useful to know??

Anyways thanks for bringing it to our attention.

PS if tech support reads this it would be useful if they would comment to tell us if generally being in 100 mode is preferred and if not why not