News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Shorten Outbound dial time?

Started by Loughary, March 15, 2011, 04:50:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loughary

Newbie question....is it possible to shorten the time it takes the Obi to place a outbound call? I'm using a SIP provider on SP1 only and I have no POTS or other lines connected.  It seems to take 3-5 seconds for the outbound calls to ring...wasn't sure if that is the Obi or my SIP provider.

I'm using a wireless phone but I didn't seem to have the problem before when I was using it with a POTS line.

Thanks.

OBi-Guru

Try to press # at the end of your dialing.  If it is still delayed, it must be due to your ITSP.

Loughary

Quote from: OBi-Guru on March 15, 2011, 05:10:23 PM
Try to press # at the end of your dialing.  If it is still delayed, it must be due to your ITSP.

That did eliminate the delay...so I'm assuming that is just the way the device works...not a big deal just didn't know if that was a setting that could be changed.

Thanks.

MichiganTelephone

Quote from: Loughary on March 15, 2011, 06:00:51 PM

That did eliminate the delay...so I'm assuming that is just the way the device works...not a big deal just didn't know if that was a setting that could be changed.

It is, but we'd have to know how you want to be able to dial calls, and how your provider expects them.  Let me guess, you're dialing a seven digit number and it's delaying to make sure you're not really dialing a ten digit number?  If that's the case you could change it so that only seven and 11 digit calls are allowed (you'd have to dial "1" for anything outside your area code) but either would go out immediately after you hit the last digit.  I actually had thought this was how it was set up by default, since the OBiTALK portal asks for an area code for seven digit dialing, but maybe not, or maybe you changed the default configuration? In any case it's just a matter of using the correct pattern to eliminate the delays, based on how you expect to be able to dial local and non-local calls.
Inactive, no longer posting or responding to messages.  Goodbye and good luck.  Some of my old Obihai-related blog posts have been moved to http://tech.iprock.com - note this in NOT my blog; I have simply given the owner permission to repost some of my old stuff.

Loughary

Quote from: MichiganTelephone on March 16, 2011, 02:28:34 AM
Quote from: Loughary on March 15, 2011, 06:00:51 PM

It is, but we'd have to know how you want to be able to dial calls, and how your provider expects them.  Let me guess, you're dialing a seven digit number and it's delaying to make sure you're not really dialing a ten digit number?  If that's the case you could change it so that only seven and 11 digit calls are allowed (you'd have to dial "1" for anything outside your area code) but either would go out immediately after you hit the last digit.  I actually had thought this was how it was set up by default, since the OBiTALK portal asks for an area code for seven digit dialing, but maybe not, or maybe you changed the default configuration? In any case it's just a matter of using the correct pattern to eliminate the delays, based on how you expect to be able to dial local and non-local calls.

MichiganTelephone,

Yes you are correct, I am dialing a 7 digit number when I get the delay...we've just started pressing # after the number and it dials with no delay.  The problem is there are 2 area codes in my area so we'd be dialing 1 first probably more often then my wife would accept.

Thanks for the reply.