News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Cannot make outbound call without **1

Started by vennynag, March 15, 2011, 04:50:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vennynag

My phone is connected to phone socket in OBI. I'm using GV and do not have any other voip or potn. In SP1, primary line is checked in OBItalk portal. I also made a test call from my gmail account. I'm still not able to make calls without **1. I have a dect6 digital cordless phone.

Am I missing something?

QBZappy

Hi,

Make your Phone PrimaryLine your primary line in the Obi web page (Setup Wizard). You will be able to direct dial after this.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

vennynag

You mean this? Make This the Primary Line to Call Out? I already checked it in OBItalk --> SP1 page.

OBi-Guru

To make a call in the US/Canada, you must dial 1-areacode-phone-number (11 digits starting with 1).
If you have set up local area code, you can dial 7 digit number to reach numbers locally.
011 is to dial internationally, funds must be available on your Google Voice account to do this.

vennynag

Quote from: OBi-Guru on March 15, 2011, 05:07:55 PM
To make a call in the US/Canada, you must dial 1-areacode-phone-number (11 digits starting with 1).
If you have set up local area code, you can dial 7 digit number to reach numbers locally.
011 is to dial internationally, funds must be available on your Google Voice account to do this.

I'm talking about **1 not 011

RonR

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine : SP1 Service

vennynag

Quote from: RonR on March 15, 2011, 06:51:13 PM

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine : SP1 Service

Yes it is set to SP1 service

RonR

Then dialing a number without any **? prefix should go out through the provider configured on the SP1 Service.

vennynag

Quote from: RonR on March 15, 2011, 08:21:02 PM
Then dialing a number without any **? prefix should go out through the provider configured on the SP1 Service.

Well it is not wroking...That is why I started this thread...SP1 is set to google voice.

RonR

Do the PHONE Port DigitMap and OutboundCallRoute settings have their Default checkboxes checked?  Assuming SP1 is using ITSPA, is the ITSPA DigitMap also set to Default?

QBZappy

vennynag,

Hi

1) Try disabling:
System Management->Auto Provisioning->Auto Provisioning->Method = Disabled

If you are rebooting your settings get written over by the OBiTalk portal.

2) Just for fun, change Phone PrimaryLine to Trunk Group 1. This makes both SP1 and SP2 available without pressing **?
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

jimates

I assume this is the same because they said they would post here.
We started with this problem on another forum, I gave the correct settings and it didn't fix so they brought the problem here.

If "make this my primary line for outgoing calls" was selected first at the Obitalk Portal then Auto Provisioning shouldn't matter. The selection made at the portal should work.

If Auto Provisioning is already turned off and they are still trying to remedy the problem from the portal then it won't work.

****  Many people are told to turn off auto provisioning, but are not told what it is or how it will affect their subsequent attempts to change their settings.

At first they just want to make the damn thing work, they should be able to accomplish that from the Dashboard (Obitalk Portal)

I gave these directives on the other forum.

From the Obitalk Portal
click on your Obi device
click on Service Provider 1
check make this my primary line to call out
click submit

Since those settings were confirmed and the device is still not defaulting to the primary line,

Have you made any changes to the device from the web interface (accessing the device through it's IP Address)

If you want to manage your device from it's web interface you should turn off the Auto Provisioning. With Auto Provisioning on, the settings from the Obitalk Portal take precedence and any of those changes made from the web interface will be over written upon reboot of the device. You can't use both to manage your Obi.

When making changes from the web interface you must submit your changes by clicking "Submit" at the bottom of each page. You will be prompted to reboot after clicking "Submit". You do not have to reboot until after all of your selections have been made, but you must click "submit" before navigating away from each page.

From the web interface
System Management > Auto Provisioning > Auto Provisioning = Disabled

Check your primary line setting
Physical Interfaces > Phone Port > Phone Port > Primary Line = SP1 Service

If you want to start over you can reset the Obi's configuration to the current firmware defaults
System Management > Device Update > Reset Configuration = Reset

After the reset you should be able to go back to the Obitalk portal and manage your device from there.

If you want to start completely over you can reset your Obi to factory defaults. There is a small hole on the bottom of the Obi with a button inside, insert a paper clip and hold the button until the Obi reboots (10 to 10 seconds). This will remove everything, including any service providers you have already configured on the device.

vennynag

thanks everyone but it is still not working after following all the above directions.

This is what I did

1. Factory reset
2. Disabled the autoprovision from web interface
3. logged into obitalk and removed the device and SP1
4. created new OBI device and SP1
5. made a call through gmail call phone.
5. Still i cannot dial US numbers like 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx or xxx-xxx-xxxx. I had to press **1-xxx-xxx-xxxx

Surprisingly, my soft phone on ipad is working with 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx. I gave the voice gateway as my OBI device.

obi-support2

vennynag,

Since you have factory reset the unit, please try again to set your Primary Line to SP1, as suggested by QBZappy at the beginning of the thread. This is the easiest way to do without the **1 prefix.

If you still have issues, please email support@obihai.com and we still check your device configuration to trouble shoot the problem.

Thanks.
OBIHAI Support Staff

vennynag

Quote from: obi-support2 on March 17, 2011, 07:42:09 PM
vennynag,

Since you have factory reset the unit, please try again to set your Primary Line to SP1, as suggested by QBZappy at the beginning of the thread. This is the easiest way to do without the **1 prefix.

If you still have issues, please email support@obihai.com and we still check your device configuration to trouble shoot the problem.

Thanks.

I already tried that..i will open a ticket.