News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Changing ports

Started by Hortoristic, March 19, 2013, 07:44:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hortoristic

Getting hammered by scanners - If I change my default ports, is it just changing for example from 5060 to 5076 - by looking for every place it says 5060 to 5076 in the ITSP Profile A and ITSP Profile B menus? 

Do I need to mess with my router too with port forwarding?

OZOi

Scanners are checking 5060 port on WAN side of your router. Thus don't forward that port to your OBi device.

OBi is just a client. It connects to SIP providers, from different ports, making in your router temporary routing (NAT) rules. Keep in mind, that OBi is not a SIP server, that may require others to access its 5060 port...

Hortoristic

So changing just the port numbers in the ITSP menu is enough?

OZOi

ITSP offers configuration of port number, that your ITSP uses. You have to ask which port your service provider uses and specify it there (in most cases it's default 5060). It is not your local port, that could be scanned.

Shale

Quote from: Hortoristic on March 19, 2013, 07:44:06 PM
Getting hammered by scanners - If I change my default ports, is it just changing for example from 5060 to 5076 - by looking for every place it says 5060 to 5076 in the ITSP Profile A and ITSP Profile B menus?  

Change the (Voice Services)SPx Service->X_UserAgentPort ports for each SPx  to a number not in the 506x range. You should not use a port that is used by something else. How do you know? I followed this posting: http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=4067.40 . If you can change the X_AccessList values instead, that will mean you don't have to change ports.

I did not change the X_KeepAliveServerPort ports from 5060.

Quote from: Hortoristic on March 19, 2013, 07:44:06 PM

Do I need to mess with my router too with port forwarding?

I didn't. http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=5467.0 discusses methods that people have posted.

I think this should become part of the setup process.