News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

how to configure anveo 911?

Started by nkolodij, July 11, 2012, 03:46:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nkolodij

Hello,

I have been reading thru the forum and confused with setting up 911.

This is what I want to do on my obi110:
1. I have google voice working on sp1. I would like to use anveo for 911 only on sp2. Can I just go into obitalk and edit sp2 and choose "Use This Service for Emergency 911 Calls" and that is all that is needed?

2. Do I need to also edit the string RonR posted back in January, is this outdated?

" Assuming you have Google Voice on SP1, Anveo on SP2, and want 911 calls to go to Anveo, set:

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> OutboundCallRoute:

{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>):li},{911:sp2},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},
{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli} "

3. I read it shows your name and address but not your phone number, but a temporary callback number instead. Is there any way to get it to show my number?

4. Does anyone have this setup and confirm it works? I read somewhere they setup thru obitalk  "Use This Service for Emergency 911 Calls" and did not route it correctly.

Thanks for any help.

jimates

Once you make the change on your dashboard, Obitalk should make the change in your call route. Just go into your phone port outbound callroute and see what it shows after you make the change.

I recently set up my sister's Obi like that with Anveo, but I haven't tested the actual 911 call yet.

They charge you for the call they make to verify the number, one cent. I also went in to Anveo and selected not to place any calls over $0.00. This way they couldn't accidentally place calls on Anveo and use up the account balance.

nkolodij

Thanks for the response, I will be setting this up soon and test it out.
Who charges? Are you saying 911 calls back to verify my number?

jimates

In order to list a phone number for 911, Anveo has to verify it. They call you and you have to enter a code. They charge you for the phone call.

lhm.

Just a heads up for those testing 911 calls.

Please note that 911 calling is subject to excessive usage fee http://www.anveo.com/legal.asp#e911 from the link "...

IN CASE OF EXCESSIVE 911 USAGE $5 FEE WILL BE CHARGED FOR EVERY 911 CALL MADE OVER THE LAST 30 DAYS. EXCESSIVE 911 USAGE IS CONSIDERED WHEN A CUSTOMER MAKES MORE THAN 2 911 CALLS DURING ANY 30 DAYS INTERVAL.

nkolodij

Quote from: jimates on July 11, 2012, 06:57:29 AM
They charge you for the call they make to verify the number, one cent. I also went in to Anveo and selected not to place any calls over $0.00. This way they couldn't accidentally place calls on Anveo and use up the account balance.

Quote from: jimates on July 12, 2012, 05:18:38 AM
In order to list a phone number for 911, Anveo has to verify it. They call you and you have to enter a code. They charge you for the phone call.
I have setup Anveo account on SP2 (showing registered). I never received a call, how long does it take? or is it ok?
My 911 address says "verified" on aveno.com.
How do you setup not to place any calls over $0.00? ...call block?

jimates

under call security you can limit the cost of calls to 0.00

you need to put one number in speed dial and that is the number to use for 911 call back. You will have to verify that number for 911 usage by answering a call and entering a code.

nkolodij

Sorry, aveno.com is cofusing to me. I appreciate your help jimates.

Ok, found call security.
In order to list a phone number for 911, Anveo has to verify it. They call you and you have to enter a code.
I was told by Aveno:

'19:09:27 nk: someone told me you need to put one number in speed dial
and that is the number to use for 911 call back. You will have to
verify that number for 911 usage by answering a call and entering a
code.
19:10:14 Customer Care: Anveo automatically assigns a call back number
for each 911 call.
19:10:43 Customer Care: There is no need to use a quick dial numbers
and verify it.
19:11:21 nk: I was told In order to list a phone number for 911, Anveo
has to verify it. They call you and you have to enter a code.
19:12:44 Customer Care: This procedure is for CallerID verification
which has nothing to do with E911. When you dial 911 Anveo will assign
a call back number so emergency personnel can call you back and reach
your SIP device"

I am not sure he knew what I wanted to do.

nkolodij

After looking further in aveno.com I found "Custom CallerID Numbers" which states "Anveo supports custom CallerID phone numbers. You need to enter a phone number and then verify it via an automated call to be able to user the number for CallerID purposes. Also, when making calls from SIP device a CallerID prefix can be used before the phone number to use a specific callerid number."

I think this is what you are talking about. How do you set it up to work with 911?

jimates

Custom caller id allows you to use any number (verifiable) as the caller id for outgoing calls. For me, I want the number to be my google voice number. So I had to verify it by a phone call from Anveo.
I also want my google voice number to be the one used for 911 call back, which will be the default if I use custom caller id.

If you set up custom caller id, and verify the number, then that is all you need to do. 911 will get whatever number you use as your custom caller id.

Also, when making calls from SIP device a CallerID prefix can be used before the phone number to use a specific callerid number." I don't quite understand that statement, isn't every call made through Anveo from a SIP device? But we can't prepend a number when calling 911.

lhm.

"If you set up custom caller id, and verify the number, then that is all you need to do. 911 will get whatever number you use as your custom caller id."

The above is not correct.

Below is correct.

"19:12:44 Customer Care: This procedure is for CallerID verification
which has nothing to do with E911. When you dial 911 Anveo will assign
a call back number so emergency personnel can call you back and reach
your SIP device"

The caller id section in the 911 Centers computer screen will show a # code indicating a VoIP call. In the alternate callback # section it will show the assigned call back # from Anveo that will go directly to the ip address/ATA from which the 911 call was made.

Personally tested and verified through my 911 call center. (USA 911 call center)

Edit: I might add that I use my GV # (Anveo verified) as callerid thru Anveo and it shows that GV# when I call any DID #, cell phone etc, just will not show when the call is to a 911 call center.

nkolodij

jimates, this was my intention also to show my google number as callerid, but I agree with lhm. this is not possible going thru anveo for 911 only.

I hopefully will be able to test 911 later today.

jimates

ok, I misunderstood the whole thing. Not what I wanted from the start I guess.

I will look elsewhere for options.
Anyone interested in buying 2 Anveo accounts, each with $10 credit.

nkolodij

Tested 911 and it worked, showed my info accept my google number, it was a temporary number for callback. I guess this is good enough.

Thanks for all the help, maybe I will make a "How to" because anveo.com was confusing.

Chuck_in_ABQ

The OP indicates and outgoing call route as:

{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>):li},{911:sp2},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},
{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli} "

But also indicates that he only wants that service used for 911. Would it not be prudent to set the outbound call route to:

{911:sp2}

Would that makes so the only thing that can go out is 911?  Perhaps Msp2 would also need to be limited to 911 through digitmap?

Thanks
Chuck

ianobi

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> OutboundCallRoute:

{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>):li},{911:sp2},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

This is used from the phone calling through all trunks - sp1, sp2, line, OBiTALk network, so it needs to be as it is. This rule {911:sp2} directs 911 calls direct to sp2 with no processing through any digit maps, Msp2 is not involved.

Chuck_in_ABQ

So right. My head got tangled up, I knew that!

Thanks
Chuck