News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi202 unable to access web administration

Started by argenex, December 27, 2012, 01:02:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

argenex

Currently have an open support ticket. Via the FAQ I have triple-checked enabling the web-admin access, when I call it it says it is enabled. However we are only able to actually access it if we plug directly into its LAN connection via rj45. Otherwise it refuses all connections.

It does sorta communicate with ObiTalk if try to update the device/add device on the obitalk website, so we know its doing something.

I have also attempted to set it to enabled via the obitalk website, which is confusing at best as to if it even talks correctly to the device.

The short of it is, we are forced to configure the device by plugging directly into its LAN port in the back, which basically causes me to loose faith that its going to work at all.

We have 5 static IPs and a Comcast Business Service. I have seen a few posts about how to get that working with its own IP address, with no resolution to the question almost a year later. This also lessens my faith that this device is going to function correctly and as desired.

Thanks.

Felix

Hi argenex,
Welcome to the forum - and don't lose faith! If the device says that WAN access is enabled, it's probably is.

Please add a little bit more information in order to troubleshoot your problem. When you try to access it through WAN port - how do you actually do it? Also, what is the IP of the computer, and what is the IP of OBi.

Don't worry about ObiTalk website, static IP, and ISP provider. It is probably not relevant to your problem. And concentrating on irrelevant topic tend to lessen our faith in the successful outcome.