News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Phone 2 blinking

Started by dangela, December 16, 2012, 05:04:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dangela

Hello all!
I use an Obi202 at work with great results. It's such an excellent box that I decided to get one for home. Although at work, it's functioning properly, my home device is showing some issues that I cant find answers to.
The Phone 2 port is constantly blinking as if it's in use. The FAQ says that means the phone is off the hook or not hung up properly. I've never had a phone hooked up to this box so I cant imagine that this is my problem. Phone 1 port works as expected, but I'm adding a fax machine at home and need to use port 2. Plugging in a phone to port 2 obviously doesn't get a dial tone since the obi thinks it's in use.
Problem 2 is with updating the firmware. When I plugged in the device for the first time, the obi dashboard alerted me that I should do a firmware update. I tried a couple times from the dashboard, but it failed. I then tried the manual way, but trying to access the obi thru it's IP address in a web browser just returns a "page cannot be found".
Any insight would be helpful.
thanks in advance

themessiah

My 202 phone is now blinking also and there is an update notification but it can not update as it continually fails ...

Any OBI folks out thee know what the update is suppose to be and why it fails to update ???

themessiah

dialed ***6 and entered 1 to start the update when prompted and it took !!!