News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Callcentric and Google Voice Setup Guide (with CNAM)

Started by pc44, July 11, 2012, 11:10:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

heny

Quote from: heny on October 05, 2013, 11:32:14 AM
I followed instruction on this post and setup without problem. It worked ok. However recently I did noticed some delays when receiving calls. The symptom is that: sometimes when I picked up the phone, the other party continued to ring a couple seconds, so I didn't hear anything from the phone, usually I need waited a few seconds to see if other party connected. Very frustrated when this happen... What could be the possible issue? gmail side or callcentric side? Anyone has experience on how to fix it?

Thanks!

Is this just me or any other person has similar issue?

Today I also noticed that my phone doesn't show the name anymore even the caller is in my cellcentric phonebook! when I checked cellcentric call log, it shows anonymous... It could be the other party turn on anonymous? then I tested to call my gv from my own cell phone(which also in the cellcentric phone book and I know it doesn't have anonymous turned on), still get no name in the phone and also show anonymous on the cellcentric call log. I believe there is some issue on callcentric?

CoalMinerRetired

Quote from: heny on October 08, 2013, 07:03:44 PM
I followed instruction on this post and setup without problem. It worked ok. However recently I did noticed some delays when receiving calls. The symptom is that: sometimes when I picked up the phone, the other party continued to ring a couple seconds, so I didn't hear anything from the phone, usually I need waited a few seconds to see if other party connected. Very frustrated when this happen... What could be the possible issue? gmail side or callcentric side? Anyone has experience on how to fix it?

Thanks!

Today I also noticed that my phone doesn't show the name anymore even the caller is in my cellcentric phonebook! when I checked cellcentric call log, it shows anonymous... It could be the other party turn on anonymous? then I tested to call my gv from my own cell phone(which also in the cellcentric phone book and I know it doesn't have anonymous turned on), still get no name in the phone and also show anonymous on the cellcentric call log. I believe there is some issue on callcentric?
No problems for me, it's all working. 

You've got several very easy troubleshooting options for this: Calls get logged in three four places: GV, CC and the Obi device, and your phone handset.  Obviously the call comes in first to GV, what does it show (relevant choices are Anonymous or the correct number)? Is there any difference when GV hands off the call to CC?  How about the handoff from CC to the Obi Device, or the handoff from Obi Device to your phone handset? 

One last thing, you can directly call your CC number without going through GV. Your normal calls do not happen this way, but as a troubleshooting aid this sometimes helps, example: does a call to GV and to the CC DID number from the same phone line show the same (does GV show the number or does it show Anonymous?).

heny

Quote from: CoalMinerRetired on October 09, 2013, 03:19:24 AM
Quote from: heny on October 08, 2013, 07:03:44 PM

Thanks!

No problems for me, it's all working. 

You've got several very easy troubleshooting options for this: Calls get logged in three four places: GV, CC and the Obi device, and your phone handset.  Obviously the call comes in first to GV, what does it show (relevant choices are Anonymous or the correct number)? Is there any difference when GV hands off the call to CC?  How about the handoff from CC to the Obi Device, or the handoff from Obi Device to your phone handset? 

One last thing, you can directly call your CC number without going through GV. Your normal calls do not happen this way, but as a troubleshooting aid this sometimes helps, example: does a call to GV and to the CC DID number from the same phone line show the same (does GV show the number or does it show Anonymous?).

Thanks for the advice. Looks it is the google voice issue, somehow the callcentric gets "privacy=uri;screen=yes"  from google voice. In gv, the screening is off. The callcentric support says that it is the "Privacy=uri" portion which indicates that the call is being sent to callcentric anonymous. not sure what I can do for this.

CoalMinerRetired

A few things to try.

1) Check that your CC forward number in GV is not set to Phone Type = Mobile (GV Settings > Phones > {Your CC Number} > Edit.
2) If #1 doesn't affect things, you can easily delete, save and then re create the CC Forwarding number.
3) Lastly, does your GV do the same thing when it forwards calls to other forwarding numbers (numbers other than your CC number)? I'd presume yes but it's worth checking.

heny

Quote from: CoalMinerRetired on October 09, 2013, 08:51:33 PM
A few things to try.

1) Check that your CC forward number in GV is not set to Phone Type = Mobile (GV Settings > Phones > {Your CC Number} > Edit.
2) If #1 doesn't affect things, you can easily delete, save and then re create the CC Forwarding number.
3) Lastly, does your GV do the same thing when it forwards calls to other forwarding numbers (numbers other than your CC number)? I'd presume yes but it's worth checking.

In gv, cc forward number is set as Mobile. I don't have any other number that I can forward to test.

It seems this happens randomly. At Oct 9, 04:41 PM, it shows caller correctly, while at Oct 9, 06:52 PM it shows anonymous.

I will delete the cc forward number and add it back to see if it makes a difference.

JohnH

So I seem to have everything set up correctly, but an old problem that I was having with GV has cropped up again with CC: My caller ID numbers all begin with two ones. For example, 118165551212.

When GV was handing incoming calls, I fixed the problem by changing the X_InboundCallRoute entry to {(<1:>@@.):ph},{ph}

However, I noticed that the Callcentric X_InboundCallRoute entry is {>1777XXXXXXX:ph1} and I have absolutely no idea what it should be changed to.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

azrobert

Try this:
{(<1:>@@.)>1777XXXXXXX:ph1}

I did not test the above rule.

Edit:

Changed my mind. Try this:
{(<1:>@@.)>1777XXXXXXX:ph1},{>1777XXXXXXX:ph1}

Using my 1st try the call will be dropped if the CallerID doesn't begin with one.

JohnH

Quote from: azrobert on October 29, 2013, 04:16:10 PM

{(<1:>@@.)>1777XXXXXXX:ph1},{>1777XXXXXXX:ph1}

Yes, that is the winning combination! Thanks so much!

I should mention for anyone else having this problem that 1777XXXXXXX should be replaced with your CC number.

drchipster

I signed up for a free CC phone number.  The check-out page shows a $3 charge for "911 recovery cost".  It looks like a one-time charge, not a recurring $1.5/month.  Most important, there's no mentioning of CNAM anywhere.  Am I doing something wrong?  Thanks.

CoalMinerRetired

Quote from: drchipster on October 29, 2013, 07:57:30 PM
I signed up for a free CC phone number.  The check-out page shows a $3 charge for "911 recovery cost".  It looks like a one-time charge, not a recurring $1.5/month.  Most important, there's no mentioning of CNAM anywhere.  Am I doing something wrong?  Thanks.
$1.50 setup fee + $1.50 first month's 911 fee = $3.00.  After the first month the recurring fee is $1.50.

> there's no mentioning of CNAM anywhere.  Am I doing something wrong?  Thanks.
Are you doing what it says to do in post #2 and post #4 on the first page of this thread?

drchipster

Quote from: CoalMinerRetired on October 29, 2013, 08:06:30 PM
Quote from: drchipster on October 29, 2013, 07:57:30 PM
$1.50 setup fee + $1.50 first month's 911 fee = $3.00.  After the first month the recurring fee is $1.50.

> there's no mentioning of CNAM anywhere.  Am I doing something wrong?  Thanks.
Are you doing what it says to do in post #2 and post #4 on the first page of this thread?
Thank you for your reply.  Just want to confirm.  Should I set-up my OBi first ("Inside your OBi 100/110/202:") before adding my CC phone number to GV?  This is to avoid the "catch-22" mentioned on the 1st page (i.e. cannot enter the code to verify my CC number).

CoalMinerRetired

Quote from: drchipster on October 30, 2013, 09:38:51 PM

Thank you for your reply.  Just want to confirm.  Should I set-up my OBi first ("Inside your OBi 100/110/202:") before adding my CC phone number to GV?  This is to avoid the "catch-22" mentioned on the 1st page (i.e. cannot enter the code to verify my CC number).
Follow the sequence shown in the instructions in the first post in that thread (starting with Account Setup) and everything will work correctly.

mo832

Is it possible to sign up for the plain IP account at Callcentric (without the incoming number), get assigned a 1777xxxxx number from CC, then signup for an IPkall number, then point the IPkall number to the CC account?

The reasons are 1) to avoid the 911 fee and not have to claim an outside location and not have to give any payment info 2) to get a WA number instead of a NY number (not really important).

If you do it this way, Will the CNAM feature still work for incoming calls?????

gderf

AFAICT the IP Freedom plan has the same requirements as to stating you are not in the US/Canada to avoid the 911 recovery fee.

If you take the free DID number, you are also on the IP Freedom plan.
Help me OBiHai PhoneOBi. You're my only hope.

mo832

Quote from: gderf on November 05, 2013, 12:08:37 PM
AFAICT the IP Freedom plan has the same requirements as to stating you are not in the US/Canada to avoid the 911 recovery fee.

If you take the free DID number, you are also on the IP Freedom plan.

1. Can anyone else confirm this? I signed up for the freedom plan and it did not ask for anything and did not require 911. It does not ask for payment. On my main screen, it shows the 1777 number, but it also says extension is not registered. (not sure what that means) I have not programmed the Obi yet with this number. It says if you choose a rate plan, you will need to have the 911 service. But there is no rate plan if you only use IP calling.

2. Regardless of the 911 requirement, if you point the IPkall number to the 1777 number instead of the CC free DID number from NY, will CNAM work the same?

gderf

The stats should change to Registered once you use it with your OBi.

giqcass

Quote from: mo832 on November 05, 2013, 11:42:23 AM
Is it possible to sign up for the plain IP account at Callcentric (without the incoming number), get assigned a 1777xxxxx number from CC, then signup for an IPkall number, then point the IPkall number to the CC account?

The reasons are 1) to avoid the 911 fee and not have to claim an outside location and not have to give any payment info 2) to get a WA number instead of a NY number (not really important).

If you do it this way, Will the CNAM feature still work for incoming calls?????

You need to use your callcenric 1777 number followed by @in.callcentric.com to get IPkall to forward to it. It would look something like this.
17770000000@in.callcentric.com

It's still simpler to just tell Callcentric you don't plan to use their service inside the US and get a DID from them for free.  It does not require payment info to do that.  I don't remember testing CNAM but it should still work.  Don't forget to turn CNAM on.  Callcentric leaves it off by default.
Long live our new ObiLords!

mo832

OK, I thought I had a handle on this but now I'm again confused.

Is it possible to set up the Obi100 with a different account for incoming/outgoing on the SAME SP channel??

Example. Take SP1. Set it to login to GV for outgoing calls, showing the GV number as your outgoing caller ID. Set it to login to CC for incoming calls, with GV set to forward to your CC DID and Google Chat unchecked. Can you do this, or must you use the SP2 in order to recognize the CC account for incoming calls?

In other words, once you choose a service provider for sp1/sp2 are you "locked in" to using that same service provider for ALL activities, both incoming and outgoing on that sp port?

gderf

ianobi

If you have a SIP provider (not GV) set up on an sp, then you can use Voice Gateways to provide additional service providers. The additional service providers:

1. Can only be used for outgoing calls.
2. Must not require registration.