News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Star Code Profile for custom DND

Started by OsloJohn, September 04, 2012, 10:07:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OsloJohn

Happy user of 110 for over a year but want to customize.  Specifically, change Code17 to something like:

*78, Do Not Disturb, set($Dnd,1), XXXX, set($Dnd,0)

where XXXX is a delay of say 5 hours better yet a value of system time (0700 as an example). 

Problem is finding information on XXXX.  No luck finding a system time command or timer beyond S1 to S9 in digit map section.   

Any suggestions?  Thanks. 

QBZappy

OsloJohn,

I'm trying to follow you. Where did you get the info that you displayed?

BTW first thing that comes to mind would be to put a number representing the number of seconds in a 5 hour period.

Quote from: OsloJohn on September 04, 2012, 10:07:51 AM
*78, Do Not Disturb, set($Dnd,1), XXXX, set($Dnd,0)

where XXXX is a delay of say 5 hours better yet a value of system time (0700 as an example). 

Problem is finding information on XXXX.  No luck finding a system time command or timer beyond S1 to S9 in digit map section.   
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

QBZappy

This is an interesting idea. Some type of controllable time variable inserted inside the star codes script could be using the internal clock of the OBi to turn on/off many of the OBi features. Do not disturb, CF, etc... Cool.

You should make this a feature request.

Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

QBZappy

There may be already a way to control the OBi202 based on time of day. These scripts are not found in the OBi100/110. It may not be supported on those models. It is obviously intended for the upcoming OBiPLUS service.

Explanation as per OBi guide: Default = Set OBiPLUS to Day Mode Star Code

Star code script as per OBi202 unit:
Code31 = *10, Day Mode, set($Opm,0)
Code32 = *11, Night Mode, set($Opm,1)
Code33 = *12, Auto Night Mode, set($Opm,2)

Now if only I knew what these codes meant. Will have to experiment with this to see if it can be incorporated into the other Star code scripts. If anyone else is successful at figuring this out please post.

EDIT: Just read the footnote in the guide.
Note: Code31 – Code40 requires subscription to OBiPLUS Service

Ostracus

Quote from: QBZappy on September 05, 2012, 12:21:48 PM
EDIT: Just read the footnote in the guide.
Note: Code31 – Code40 requires subscription to OBiPLUS Service

Heh, you didn't think it would be that easy? ;D

QBZappy

I think it may be possible to apply different configuration schemes on the OBi using the OBi Device Provisioning. It may be more trouble than it's worth, but if you really want it, it may be doable this way. Here is an idea without going into specifics. Some one with coding skills could easily come up with a much more efficient way of doing this.

As per guide:
"Initial configuration of OBi devices may be done by through local or remote provisioning or by modifying individual parameters via the device web management interface"

The OBi Device Provisioning Guide goes on to mention the specifics. There is a script command "WAIT" which probably can be used to cycle between configurations. User Defined Marcos can be used to store snippets of code which can be repeated easily. It seems the tools are all there for the taking.

The easiest way that I can think of for a non programmer such as my self would be to make a backup with the different configurations that I would like to have eg: Call forward, Do not disturb, etc...

Each backup configuration could be pushed into the OBi using TFTP using DOS (http://stuff.mit.edu/afs/athena/astaff/project/lwpdocs/iii09.txt) and Windows Tash Scheduler or a Linux Cron job. Or it could be pulled into the OBi using the built in scripts via the ConfigURL. Either way the OBi is still relying on an external server. A work around for not maintaining your own external server would be to set this up on a "free" Google App Engine (https://developers.google.com/appengine/).

Side note:
The same method could be used to support a remote OBi, if the ConfigURL is pointing to your tftp or http server since your are basically becoming the ITSP Provisioning service.

If only Obi support could give us a little snippet of code to give us a head start on setting a timer on some of the features. (Or even better introduce it directly in the firmware).

OsloJohn

Thanks for the replies.  I had to take a quick trip for work and won't be back home for a couple weeks.  Not going to things remotely but will try putting S60 (1 minute) and see if that works.  If it does I'll walk the time up to see if it breaks anything.  I'll let everyone know how it works/fails in a couple weeks. 

OsloJohn

Info in the first post came from the Administrator Guide