News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Dial 1 before US number

Started by VANJ, August 10, 2012, 07:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VANJ

Obi100
Callcentric for incoming calls
Call With Us for outgoing calls

I know that Call With Us needs the 1 before the 10-digit US number but when I tried dialing just the 10-digit number from the phone connected to the Obi100, to my surprise, it worked! I am the curious sort so I was wondering, who adds the 1 ahead of the number. Is it the Obi100 or Callcentric? How/where is this configured?

Thanks

MurrayB

The prefix 1 is usually only required when using a PSTN long distance service. Local services via the PSTN and internet services both local and long distance usually require only the telephone number.

VANJ

Understood. But the SP I am using http://www.callwithus.com/faq#dialing requires the 1 prefix. When I use a software SIP client or their access number, I can see this is the case (see Q3 in the FAQ link). So, clearly, some component is automatically adding the prefix before it gets to the service provider. I was curious to know who/what is doing this. Any ideas? Thanks

ianobi

VANJ,

Default digit map:
DigitMap (Msp1)
(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)

The rule <1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx prepends the digit 1 to any number that begins with a digit from 2 to 9 and is followed by nine more digits of any sort. So the ten digit number gets the 1 added at the start. The first rules accepts any eleven digit number that begins with 1. Therefore, the numbers go out as eleven digits beginning with 1 in either case.

A long explanation for a couple of short rules :)

VANJ

Ah, that's exactly what I was looking for, powerful stuff, thanks!