News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Star Code for Forward on Busy Obi 110

Started by HunterGatherer, July 13, 2012, 03:18:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HunterGatherer

Hi,

I have an Obi 110 using a Google Voice line.  I want to set the line to "Forward on Busy" to a non-GV number.

The charts and cheat sheets show *60 for the star code for Forward on Busy.  When I hit *60, I get the "Do Not Disturb" on/off setting instead.

Does anyone have a current star code sheet that is accurate, or know how I can set Call Forward on Busy?

Are there any other tips I need to know to make it work?  I currently only use the standard OBITALK portal, not expert configuration.

Thanks,

HG

pc44

Hi HunterGatherer,

If you check out the OBi Administration Guide, it contains this information.  Here is a copy and paste from that Guide:

"Star Code Features

The OBi device supports service features via the handset connected to the PHONE port.  The following Star Codes can be used to access the indicated features. OBi Star Code Enabled Features Apply to All Voice Services.

*03, Request peer device to loopback media in the next outbound call
*04, Request peer device to loopback RTP packets in the next outbound call
*05, Tell device to periodically redial the last called number until the called party rings or answers
*06, Cancel the last repeat dial request
*07  Redial
*69  Call Return
*81  Block Caller ID (Persistent Mode)
*82  Unblock Caller ID (Persistent Mode)
*67  Block Caller ID (One Time)
*68  Unblock Caller ID (One Time)
*72  Call Forward All (Enter Number + #)
*73  Disable Call Forward All
*60  Call Forward on Busy (Enter Number + #)
*61  Disable Call Forward in Busy
*62  Call Forward on No Answer (Enter Number + #)
*63  Disable Call Forward No Answer
*77  Block Anonymous Calls
*87  Unblock Anonymous Calls
*56  Enable Call Waiting
*57  Disable Call Waiting
*78  Do Not Disturb – Turn On
*79  Do Not Disturb – Disable
*66  Repeat Dial
*86  Disable Repeat Dial
*74  Speed Dial Set-Up (Enter SD No. [1-99] then Tel No. + #) ∞
*75  Speed Dial Read-Back (Enter SD No.)  
*76, Clear a Speed Dial
*96, Barge In
*98, Blind Transfer
*4711, Use G711 Only on the next outbound call
*4729, Use G729 Only on the next outbound call

∞ Note: Be careful with the Speed Dial Set-Up as this will conflict with the Speed Dials set-up on the OBiTALK portal.  The Speed Dials that are set-up on the OBiTALK portal will always overwrite anything set-up via the phone connected to the OBi."

You might also want to check to make sure that your default Star Codes have not been accidentally modified inside your OBI.  Also, are you running the latest/current firmware?

pc44

HunterGatherer

Surprisingly, I went back at tried *60 again, and it worked this time.  Thanks for the list.