News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Google Voice and 2 OBI 100

Started by Roblp, July 13, 2012, 01:32:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roblp

We have a google voice account forwarding to 2 cell phones, and then we have 2 OBI100 devices in separate offices.

Only one OBI100 device rings.

I have read many places about the X_InboundCallRoute, but I don't know how I need to set it up. I want all the phones to ring, the 2 connected to OBI100 devices and the two that Google is forwarding to.

Also I do have google chat checked in the google voice settings. It seems whoever makes the last outgoing call that which OBI device rings, I want them all to ring.

Help

Thanks

N7AS

When you have 2 OBi devices setup on a single GV account, the first one to register with GV wins. The other one will not receive calls.
Grant N7AS
Prescott Valley, AZ
https://www.n7as.com

A journeyman electrician sent his apprentice with a 5-gallon bucket and was told to put the ends of the service drop in the bucket and fill it with volts. He was there all day.

Roblp

so there is no way to have them both ring? I've been reading a lot about X_InboundCallRoute and having them routed to each other. any ideas

pc44

Hi Roblp,

Try the following on your first OBI:

Voice Services -> SPX Service -> X_InboundCallRoute: {pp(obXXXXXXXXX),ph}

... replacing the red X with whichever SP you are using Google Voice (i.e. SP1, SP2, SP3, or SP4)
... and replacing the green X's with the OBI 209 number of your second OBI unit.

Hope it helps,
pc44