News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Bridging and CallerID

Started by yiannisc, July 12, 2012, 04:14:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yiannisc

Hi guys,

A few months ago I set-up 2 Obi110s for my folks.

The setup is this:

PSTN Line1 <-> Obi1 <-> Phone1

Obi2 <-> Phone2 (no PSTN line here)

Obviously, both Obi110s are connected to the Internet.

Any calls that come to PSTN1 ring Phone1 and through Obitalk/Internet ring Obi2/Phone2.
Any number dialled from Phone2 is routed via Obitalk/Internet to PSTN Line1.

The problem I have is that when a call comes on Line1 and it rings on Phone2, the CallerID shown on Phone2 is the Obi number of Obi1.

Is there a way to show the caller's CallerID, instead?
The way I have setup my Obi's is in this thread: http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=2999.0

Many Thanks,
Yiannis

QBZappy

yiannisc

About a year ago I tested this feature:   
V1.3 Comments "Caller ID over forked calls"
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=1328.0

It seems it was fixed on firmware v1.3, for calls passing over the OBiTALK service, which is what you are doing. What version firmware are you running? Did you ever have CID of the originating call show up?

Here are the v1.3 highlights:

- Allow Caller-id spoofing for calls bridged via OBiTALK service. But use the obi number for circle-of-trust authentication.

Did you put a check mark in the CID spoofing?
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

rsriram22

QBZappy, i can't click on the thread you are referring to in your post... does that post still exist?

This is what my scenario is as well. I need to test out QBZappy's solution to get the PSTN line's number going into the receiving obi than the sender obi's # (so that the phone at receiving obi rings, instead of AA as both obi's are under the same account => both are in COT)
have two 100s and one 110

QBZappy

Sorry about that. It was a post in the beta testers sub forum. I copied it here.

Quote from: QBZappy on August 12, 2011, 09:51:06 PM
Made a test call to see if CID passed over a forked call.

Configured Inbound call route as follows:
Voice Services->SP1 Service->X_InboundCallRoute
{ph,SP2(5145551111),pp(290111111)}  <- Note pp=OBiAPP+softphone on my computer

ph= CID passed on the attached phone (Same behavior as before)

SP2= CID did not pass over to my cell phone. CID shown was tel number of SP2. That was expected I suppose since OBihai mentioned that CID was supposed to work over OBi services only. I can not understand the reason for that. Can someone explain the reason?

pp= CID passed on the OBiAPP+softphone. I suppose it will pass CID to another phone directly attached to an OBi. I did not have an opportunity to test this.

Comments:
Users will be pleased that the CID is partially fixed. In my case I fork calls to my cell, so this fix leaves me disappointed. Many people are eagerly awaiting for this since it was already announced by OBihai as an upcoming fix. This partial fix will give you the ability to say that you fixed the CID problem (somewhat), however it feels as if someone offered to buy you lunch and only offers you half a meal. Still leaves you hungry and wanting for that expected meal. I don't think users will get too excited over this once they realize the limitations. Who are the users that will benefit from this fix? It only offers to pass the CID info to OBiAPP users (perhaps also users with more than one OBi unit). Cuts down on the number of users who might have an interest in this feature.

On a positive note it does seem to pass CID well over the OBi services.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

rsriram22

Thanks I will try this. Just so I understand this better, the SIP spoof (SIP->X_SpoofCallerID) needs to be checked on the sender obi (and on both of ITSP profiles), correct?
have two 100s and one 110

QBZappy

rsriram22,

Quote from: rsriram22 on July 13, 2012, 06:26:58 AM
Thanks I will try this. Just so I understand this better, the SIP spoof (SIP->X_SpoofCallerID) needs to be checked on the sender obi (and on both of ITSP profiles), correct?

I got it to work on the OBion PC APP. In that setup the only place to enable that check mark was in the OBi making (forking) the call. If in doubt try all the possible combinations.

Edit:
You may need this. I am looking at my config above it seems to be missing the "ob" part.
{pp(ob290111222),ph}

yiannisc

Hi,

first of all, thanks for the quick response.

You are telling to change things on the SP1. I do not use any SIP accounts. Only the Phone Line and the Obi Service. So, do I need to do something else?

CID propagation/forwarding never worked. I want to set it up now for the first time between the two Obi110s.

Thanks again,
Yiannis

QBZappy

That was an example.

Try this on the OBi1: Replace 290111222 with your Obi 2 number
Physical Interfaces->LINE Port->InboundCallRoute = {pp(ob290111222),ph}

yiannisc

Hi QBZappy,

thanks for your reply. I have that already and the calls are being forwarded to Obi2. The problem is that the CallerID is of the original caller is not shown at the Obi2.

Any other ideas?

Thanks again,
Yiannis

QBZappy

yiannisc,

I just made a test call using POTS->OBi110->OBi100. CID from the POTS passed to my OBi100.

yiannisc

Thanks QBZappy,

it looks like that in my case it doesn't work. Now, that's weird.

OK, thanks for your help. I'll experiment a bit and see how it goes.

Thanks again,
Yiannis

QBZappy

This seup has dependecies. It relies on the OBiTALK services being enabled.

What do you have setup here. Look directly in your OBi unit, we don't want to be confused with what the Expert portal says.

System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> OBiTALK Provisioning -> Method : Disabled or Enabled?
This one matters if you use the portal to configure the OBi

Voice Services -> OBiTALK Service -> Enable : (unchecked or unchecked?) 
This is the one that matters for CID