News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Date on device

Started by Lapog, July 18, 2012, 11:40:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lapog

Hi,

New here...

I have OBi100. It is connected to a Panasonic KX-TG5632.

I have set the instrument date/time several times, but it always changes back to 01.01.2012, 12:00am. I believe this is to do with OBi100 setting. I am unable to figure out how to set correct date and time.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you!

QBZappy

Two places to check:

1) System Management->Network Settings->Time Service Settings->NTPServer1
=  Choose Default setting

2) System Management->Network Settings->Time Service Settings->LocalTimeZone
= Choose your location

More than likely you are making changes in the unit and the Expert tool in the OBi portal is configured to provision the settings to the unit (over ride the unit). Either make your changes in the portal or disable the auto provisioning setting in the OBi and make your changes there.

Read this to understand

Managing Your OBi Device Configuration: OBiTALK or OBi Web Page but NOT Both
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=92.0
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

Lapog

Quote from: QBZappy on July 18, 2012, 12:23:36 PM
Two places to check:

1) System Management->Network Settings->Time Service Settings->NTPServer1
=  Choose Default setting

2) System Management->Network Settings->Time Service Settings->LocalTimeZone
= Choose your location

More than likely you are making changes in the unit and the Expert tool in the OBi portal is configured to provision the settings to the unit (over ride the unit). Either make your changes in the portal or disable the auto provisioning setting in the OBi and make your changes there.

Read this to understand

Managing Your OBi Device Configuration: OBiTALK or OBi Web Page but NOT Both
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=92.0

Thank you for a quick reply.

I think I've already tried those setting, without results.

I am unable to figure out how to use the 'attach' function in the forum (says "uploader full, contact admin" for a 55KB file!). Anyway, the NTPServer1 is set to default, and LocalTimeZone is 'Central'.

Yes, I read the document and I familiarized myself with 'expert settings'. May be I am missing something?

Anyway, it also says "If you disable auto-provisioning, you will not be able to manage your OBi devices remotely." I do wish to retain remote configuration ability.

PS: Hope I find a better solution. For now, I have disabled 'Autoprovisioning' and reset the date on the device. Hope this works.

QBZappy

Lapog,

Are you using the OBiTALK portal or the unit web page to set the configuration? (You did not mention it yet)
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

Lapog

Quote from: QBZappy on July 18, 2012, 01:21:32 PM
Lapog,

Are you using the OBiTALK portal or the unit web page to set the configuration? (You did not mention it yet)

Apologies for that. I am using the unit-web page for configuration.

BTW, it failed again. As soon as the first call came, the instrument (Panasonic) date/time was reset. :(

QBZappy

Lapog,

I'm looking at my Panasonic handset. In the handset directly look at the following setting (not sure if your model has the same thing, but it should be similar):
Set date & time->time adjustment->
Caller ID[auto]
Manual

Select "Caller ID[auto]" or perhaps setup the correct date & time on the handset.

Lapog

Quote from: QBZappy on July 19, 2012, 10:38:58 AM
Lapog,

I'm looking at my Panasonic handset. In the handset directly look at the following setting (not sure if your model has the same thing, but it should be similar):
Set date & time->time adjustment->
Caller ID[auto]
Manual

Select "Caller ID[auto]" or perhaps setup the correct date & time on the handset.

That's exactly how I set the Date/Time on my phone. It stays set till I receive a phone-call and then everything goes back to 01-01-2012/12:00.

I am sure there should be a way to change Date/Time on the instrument (Obi100). I just am not able to figure out how.

QBZappy

Quote from: Lapog on July 19, 2012, 11:18:21 AM
I am sure there should be a way to change Date/Time on the instrument (Obi100). I just am not able to figure out how.

??? In my 1st reply I show you how to set up the correct  time in the OBi.

Lapog

Quote from: QBZappy on July 19, 2012, 11:36:51 AM
Quote from: Lapog on July 19, 2012, 11:18:21 AM

??? In my 1st reply I show you how to set up the correct  time in the OBi.

Sorry... yes you did. And that's what I have been using, BUT, it doesn't work. Everything is correct as per your instruction (pl. see my reply earlier). Surely, I am missing something.

QBZappy

Lapog,

Try getting your hands on another CID phone to see if it is the OBi or the Phone which is causing the problem. No one to my recollection has ever had this problem.

Lapog

Quote from: QBZappy on July 19, 2012, 02:12:42 PM
Lapog,

Try getting your hands on another CID phone to see if it is the OBi or the Phone which is causing the problem. No one to my recollection has ever had this problem.

I'll try a different phone as soon as I can lay my hands on one that shows date/time. But I don't think it is the phone because the phone (when battery is removed and reinserted) reverts to a date in 2010 not 2012. I purchased the phone in 2010.

Lapog

Continuing from previous post.... I looked at the web-page instrument status. Interestingly, the web-page shows 01/01/2010, 1800hrs for each reset!!

I played around with the phone. There were a lot of settings that I did not know about earlier (and many that I do not understand). There was a time-setting and changed that from 'Auto' to 'manual'. Hope this fixes the issue. I'll have to wait a day or more and see. Usually in 24hrs the settings revert.

Will post an update early next week...

QBZappy

Quote from: Lapog on July 20, 2012, 07:14:01 AM
I looked at the web-page instrument status. Interestingly, the web-page shows 01/01/2010, 1800hrs for each reset!!

If this is the time being picked up on the phone, it definitely is worth investigating why the time on the web page is not current. This should fix the phone problem or the manual setting on the phone. I would start with the web page because I suspect that all your call history will be showing incorrect calling times as well.

Lapog

Quote from: QBZappy on July 20, 2012, 07:20:08 AM
Quote from: Lapog on July 20, 2012, 07:14:01 AM
I looked at the web-page instrument status. Interestingly, the web-page shows 01/01/2010, 1800hrs for each reset!!

If this is the time being picked up on the phone, it definitely is worth investigating why the time on the web page is not current. This should fix the phone problem or the manual setting on the phone. I would start with the web page because I suspect that all your call history will be showing incorrect calling times as well.

You are right. The call-history on the webpage is completely messed up. Each reboot of the instrument (Obi100) re-sets it to 01/01/2010, 1800hrs. So, my 50 calls or so, all show 2010 dates... :(

I have no idea where to begin to correct this problem on the webpage...

QBZappy

Lapog,

Can you look in your router to see the time and date it is showing.

Lapog

Quote from: QBZappy on July 20, 2012, 09:14:03 AM
Lapog,

Can you look in your router to see the time and date it is showing.

That, unfortunately is not possible for me. I am using the unit at my office, plugged directly into the LAN connection. Sorry...

Lapog

Quick update : So far the date is holding. But then, no one has called me since morning....  ???

Lapog

Wanted to update that the problem seems to have been sorted. I have received and made phone calls and the date/time is still holding steady - on the phone.

The webpage call-history still shows as 2010. :(