News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBIHAI 202 - Vitelity - 2 DID's inbound calls problem - static public IP address

Started by PaulMurdock, July 23, 2012, 01:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulMurdock

g'day,

Ok.. so here's the setup so far:

- 2 DIDs with vitelity with sub-accounts setup (no NAT)
- I have a public static IP address with an Obihai 202 as the main router (it has the public IP on its WAN port)
- outbound calls work fine

VITELITY DID ROUTING
801-XXX-XXX1 - ATA routing to sub-account home1
801-XXX-XXX2 - ATA routing to sub-account work1

Now I have ITSP A - setup for vitelity with the following (I will show only NON default settings)
ITSP PROFILE A -> GENERAL -> Name = VITELITY   
ITSP PROFILE A -> SIP -> PROXYSERVER = SIP41.VITELITY.NET

SP1 SERVICE -> ENABLE = X (CHECKED)
SP1 SERVICE -> X_SERVPROVPROFILE = A
SP1 SERVICE -> X_INBOUNDCALLROUTE = PH
SP1 SERVICE -> AUTHUSERNAME = HOME1
SP1 SERVICE -> AUTHPASSWORD = XXXX

OK.. so in this scenario IF I have only SP1 enabled.. calls come through and outbound works great - but bear in mind this is ONLY for 1 of my DIDs.

If I enable SP2 to use DID subaccount work1 - then neither DIDs allow incoming calls anymore - but outbound still works..

WHY? If I disable SP2 then SP1 starts functioning again.

cheers,
Paul

QBZappy

Eh,

Chances are you need to make sure SP1 and SP2 are using different Profiles:
Voice Services->SP1 Service-> X_ServProvProfile= A or B

Let us know.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

PaulMurdock

So another thought I had was - Should this be done without 2 different SPx Services.. I think I could get it to work if I just had vitelity route the DIDs to my public IP address - However - How could I get the OBIHAI 202 to differentiate which DID the call came in from?

Would this be done in X_InboundCallRoute? How could I do this? I've thought something like the following?

DID1 = is my home1 DID from vitelity
DID2 = is work1 DID from vitelity

{(DID1:ph)},{(DID2:ph2)}

would something like that work? where if the call came to my DID1 then send it out Phone Port 1, and DID2 send out to Phone Port 2.

cheers,
Paul

PaulMurdock

Is it really necessary to use both ITSP A and ITSP B when the proxy server is the SAME?

PaulMurdock

Okay.. well I thought I had tried it - BUT

Indeed if you have 2 Sub-Accounts from the SAME provider - each sub-account will need a SEPARATE ITSP profile configured (even though they WILL BE IDENTICAL) and a separate SPx service .. I tried it and it worked a treat! :)

So another tidbit I learned about vitelity from this experience - if you have a PBX (DID routing PBX style) then you can use the 2 proxies (typically sipXX.vitelity.net and outbound.vitelity.net) HOWEVER if your DID routing style is ATA/IP Phone then you should only use the sipXX.vitelity.net proxy server and don't even use the outbound.proxy.net.