News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Is anyone else having the call failure with Reason 503 right now

Started by PleaseHelpMe, July 26, 2012, 06:54:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PleaseHelpMe

All was fine until this AM and it seems every call I make through my 202 I am now getting the call rejected reason 503. I can call the number through googlevoice from my computer with no problems but when placed through OBI202 I get reason 503.

Agate

Google Talk has been down since about 4:40 PDT 7/26/2012. You can track google's progress on restoring service at http://www.google.com/appsstatus

atbglenn

I thought it was on my end. Hopefully it will be up soon!

PleaseHelpMe

I apologize for not seeing ALL THE OTHER POSTS on this in the forum. I will be sure to look harder in the future.. :'(

runningout

I got 503 as well. It's weird though.

When I started having problems with the phone I couldn't dial up but would receive no error it just simpy would nto dial out but I could still receive inbound calls as the phone would ring. I reboot the phone and still the asme problem. So I rebooted again and now I'm receiving a 503 error on outbound calls and inbound calls do nto ring the phone as it goes to my e-mail.

I connected locally to my obi device to see if it was even registering the calls I make outbound and or inbound which I found out it is. Therefore I went on another google account with a seperate number and dialed my main google number that's attached to the obi phone as well as that number is attacked to my cell as well. No ring on the obi or cell, therefore I am under the assumption that the obi device is working good and it's a google issue based on it not ringing my cell.

DunkinFx thank you I had no idea that page even existed.

xari

I am having exactly the same problem all day today. I can't place or receive calls. It's been working well for over a month without any problems.

I've had a number of different symptoms. Tried setting my google voice password on the obitalk site. I also deleted my google voice account and the device and readded them. I rebooted the device, router and cable modem. Symptoms have been:

1) When dialing out voice says,There is no service available to complete your call
2) When dialing out voice says, The number you dialed xxx, was rejected by the service provider: reason 500
3) When dialing out, after long delay get noise on the line and nothing else.
4) When dialing in, nothing - goes to voicemail on gvoice

sir_rob

I started having the 503 rejected issue yesterday.  Is there any solution yet?

Macintheus

I just had this problem myself. The first time it happened, I tried dialing first without, then with area code, and got the 503 message both ways. Then I restarted the OBi100 and dialed the same number (including area code) and the call went through. I then called a different local number with no area code (I input my local area code in the OBi100 setup so as to avoid having to dial it for local numbers) and got the 503 message again. I called the same number again but included the area code and the call went through this time.

So a couple of things to try: reboot your OBi device, and try dialing with area code.

atbglenn

Got the exact same problem today with my OBi110. I hope they get this cleared up ASAP..

QBZappy

sir_rob, Macintheus, atbglenn,

What are your respective service providers? It may not be an OBi issue. Anyone using Callcentric should be expecting unreliable service at the moment.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

obiJuanKanobi

Same problem here, using Obi110 with Google Voice only.

First two attempts calling a local number ended in 503 error, 3rd attempt calling same number 5 minutes later worked.

bennettg

me too.  first 2 times = 503.  3rd time call worked.  yesterday and today.

QBZappy

bennettg,

Can the people having problems show us the X part of your GV number. This might help spot a pattern.
(XXX) XXX-NNNN
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

N7AS

I have noticed this problem yesterday a couple of times. My GV# (360) 356-XXXX.
Grant N7AS
Prescott Valley, AZ
https://www.n7as.com

A journeyman electrician sent his apprentice with a 5-gallon bucket and was told to put the ends of the service drop in the bucket and fill it with volts. He was there all day.

MikeHObi

As reported in a different thread.  It has happened multiple times over the past couple days. i thought it would be resolved with I disabled Callcentric but the issue has happened twice so far today.  

(651) 321-XXXX

Attached are screen shots of call status when getting the failure message, and then the call status on the retry when the call completed.
Here is Call not completed.. note the message says announcement.

Here is the call completed simply after hanging up from the message and redialing.

Obi202 user & Obi100 using Anveo and Callcentric.

dani83264

vtbear

atbglenn

I'm only using Google Voice with my OBi 110. Intermittently having the problem since yesterday
GV# 631-223-XXXX