News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Any conflict with DECT 6.0 telephone's voicemail and OBI110 ?

Started by BobP, July 29, 2012, 07:51:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BobP

Hi ... advanced users.

I am pretty un-advanced, and this may be a silly question. I have my OBI110 working nicely with my Google Voice, and only Google Voice. I thought I should ask, before I mess anything up, if anyone knows if I will have any problems or conflicts with the OBI110 if I try to configure the voicemail in my telephone (which is a Uniden  DECT 6.0 phone)? Come to think of it, maybe I would not be able to retrieve messages from my handphone directly, since the only service I have left is GV.)

Thank you.

jimates

There is nothing to do with the Obi for voicemail other than notification. Obi can notify your by a stutter dial tone or visual indicator on your phone if you have voicemail at google.

If you use google voice, the google voice mail will pick up after 25 seconds. There is no changing or altering this. You can retrieve your voicemail from your handset by dialing your google voice number.

NOTE: If you have disabled "Direct access to voicemail when calling your Google number from this phone?" in your forwarding phones settings, then you will have to press * when the voicemail picks up.

If you wish to use a home answering machine you will have to set it to answer before google voice.

BobP

THANK YOU !!

I wish these things were obvious to me, but I can rely on he kindness of strangers.

Thank you.