News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Phone rings, but no one there on pick up

Started by erichard, February 08, 2013, 03:12:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

erichard

I have Google voice, Obi202, and just updated the firmware.

In the past few weeks, and more frequently in the past few days, people will call here, the phone will ring, I'll pick up, and there's dead silence on the other end, so I hang up. I've tried unplugging the unit and letting it reboot, and that seems to help temporarily. It doesn't happen every time.

Also, once in a while it can't  dial out after these episodes where no one is on the other end. There's a dial tone, then the tones to dial, but then blank, no noise or connection.

Also, the other day, my kids called for a couple hours and the phone never rang, which was a big problem for them.

I did the firmware update today and was hoping that would fix things, but we just now got a call with no way to speak to the people on the other end after picking up the phone. Also dialing out didn't work despite an initial dial tone.

Up till this year, it's worked pretty well.

Only other point to mention is in December we did get a new Zoom cable modem/router 5350 which feeds to the old Mac Extreme Airport router then to the Oki unit.

Any thoughts? Richard