News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Gateway 3 (**3) 487 LR2 - User not registered on this client

Started by neftv, December 02, 2012, 08:27:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

neftv

What does 487 LR2 - User not registered on this client  mean?    I have Gateway 3 on my Obihai 100 setup for sip.Pennytel.com.  It was working and nothing has changed to my knowledge.  If I use my SIP client on my PC it does register. So something is causing Obi not to register with Pennytel.  Please advise or let me know what information you need to help you help me.  Thank you in advance.

hwittenb

When you setup a voip provider on one of the OBi gateways, the OBi does not register with the provider.  The gateways are used for outgoing calls only, they do not register, they just send the authentication at the time you make the call.  To register with a provider you need to configure the provider on SP1 or SP2.  Many voip providers allow outgoing calls without registration but some providers do not allow it because of their security and fraud prevention procedures.

Registration consists of periodically sending a sip Register request along with your userid and password.  Registration is required when you receive incoming calls from the provider.  Registration tells the provider where to send the call when someone dials your number.

I do not know if Pennytel requires registration.  If it was previously working for outgoing calls on a gateway perhaps they do not.  There is a large thread on the Whirlpool forum about current problems some users are having with Pennytel.
http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=2011917&p=28

neftv

That's interesting. Pennytel worked as a gateway setup. I am using them for just outgoing calls. Is there anyway to make this work without using the first two gateways. I have one set for my domestic calls and 2 is using google voice.

neftv

I put Pennytel on Gateway 2 and it seems like I am getting 404 errors.
Maybe I should start from scratch...
Here is what I am trying to do
For domestic calls/911 calls going out on SP 1.
For Calls to Australia I have them going to SP 2 since it not working on Gateway 3
Calls to Greece going out Gateway 4.
SP1
DigitMap  (*9x|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<**2>01161xx.|<**4>01130xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.)

SP2
Digitmap (1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<**3>01161xx.|01130694xx.|01130697xx.|<**4>01130xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.)

Phone port section
Digitmap ([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]|[1-9][0-9]|911|**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**3(Mvg3)|**4(Mvg4)|**6(Mvg6)|**7(Mvg7)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))
Outbound call section {911:sp1},{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1}, {(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**3:>(Mvg3)):vg3},{(<**4:>(Mvg4)):vg4},{(<**6:>(Mvg6)):vg6},{(<**7:>(Mvg7)):vg7},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

Primary Line is SP1 service

hwittenb

The voice gateways are different from SP1 and SP2.  They don't register with the provider and they use some of the settings setup under SP1 or SP2.  If the gateway is for a Sip provider you need to point it an SP1 or SP2 setup for sip.  As you know, an SPx can also be setup for Google Voice which is not sip.

As you know you would setup a sip gateway with:
AccessNumber: SPx(sip_proxy) (where Spx is SP1 or SP2 configured for SIP)
AuthUserID: your_userid
AuthPassword: your_password
DigitMap: (you can setup a special digit map for the gateway here if you wish to restrict, modify or insert the dialed digits)

You don't have to use Voice Gateway 1 and Voice Gateway 2 for anything.  You have your PhonePort Digitmap setup for the common scheme.  With this scheme you dial **1+ for SP1, **2+ for SP2, **3+ for VG3, **4+ for VG4 etc. With the common scheme it is difficult to use VG1, VG2, VG5 because they conflict with some other uses of **1 (for SP1) **2 (for SP2) and **5 (for something else).  It is possible to use the VG's, but you need to modify the common scheme somewhat.  Of course if you do not dial **1, **2, etc the dialing will go to your primary line.

As others recommend, it is generally best to leave the SP1 and SP2 digitmaps alone and make the changes to the PhonePort Digitmap and PhonePort Outbound Routing.  You have modified SP1 and SP2 digitmaps somewhat.  I would go back to the default general settings and make your number validation changes in the PhonePort Digitmap or the OutBoundCallRoute.  

If you configure Pennytel on SP1 it will register for both incoming and outgoing calls unless you uncheck the option to register and you would dial with **1 plus the number.  With Pennytel setup on VG3 you would dial with **3 plus the number.

Edit:  I noticed that above you said you had Google Voice on SP2 (actually you said "2 is using google voice".  That means the gateways all have to be referenced to SP1 if the gateway is SIP.  If Pennytel requires registration (they might very well require that) you have to configure it on SP1.