News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBiON + Speed dial

Started by Rinchen, August 01, 2012, 05:11:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rinchen

Hi,

Setup:

* I've got OBiON setup on my iPhone.
* It's voice gateway is set to my 202
* I have SP2 setup with SIP
* Dialing **2xxxx on the 202 takes me to the appropriate place on the SIP server

Problem:

I have a speed dial 3 setup as **2xxxx.  When I dial that speed dial from OBiON it takes me to the attendant on the 202.  Pressing 1 just rings the phone attached to the 202.  Pressing 2 prompts me for a new number. If I dial **2xxxx I get where I want to go.  

What I want to do is hit a speed dial on OBiON and have it auto-connect to the sip address without any intervention (other than maybe entering a password if I have to).  Can this be done easily without rewriting rules/dial-plan?

Thanks,

Rin

ianobi

Rin,

The problem here is that the OBitalk incoming route uses the digit map for  whatever you have set to your primary line. If that digit map does not redirect **2 to sp2, then your call has nowhere to go and the auto attendant will pick it up as you describe.

The easiest place to do the redirecting is in your OBiTALK InboundCallRoute. Change ph to:

{(290XXXXXX)>(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{ph}

Where 290XXXXXX is your OBion softphone number. This rule now states that any number prepended by **2, which matches Msp2 and originates from 290XXXXXX will be sent to sp2 after having the **2 removed. All other calls will be sent to ph.

You can of course add similar rules to send numbers to any other sp.

ianobi

Second thoughts:

Your original OBiTALK InboundCallRoute may look like this:

{....},{(290XXXXXX):aa},{ph}

Which is how you got to the auto attendant.

Change to:

{(290XXXXXX)>(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{....},{(290XXXXXX):aa},{ph}

Where 290XXXXXX is your OBion softphone number. These rules now state that any number prepended by **2, which matches Msp2 and originates from 290XXXXXX will be sent to sp2 after having the **2 removed. {....other routing rules}. Calls originating from your softphone with no number, or no matched numbers, will be sent to the auto attendant. All other calls will be sent to ph.

Sorry if that got a bit involved! Let us know how it goes  :)

jimates

Voice Service -> Obitalk Service -> InboundCallRoute

{(Mcot)>(<:>(Msp1)),(Mcot)>(<:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(Mcot)>(<*2:>(Msp2)),(Mcot)>(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(Mcot)>(<*3:>(Msp3)),(Mcot)>(<**3:>(Msp3)):sp3},{(Mcot)>(<*4:>(Msp4)),(Mcot)>(<**4:>(Msp4)):sp4},{(Mcot)>(<*9:>(Mpp)),(Mcot)>(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mcot)>(Mpli):sp1},{(Mcot):aa},{ph}

Create a user defined digit map named "Cot"
put your softphone number in the "Cot" digit map (290xxxxxx)

If you want to add other softphone numbers to the digit map so they can dial direct use a separator
(290xxxxxx|290xxxxxx)

Then you can dial from the Obion app just like you do from the phone port.

Rinchen

Thanks Ianobi and Jimates...

Ian: your dial plan made sense thanks. It helped me understand Jim's better. Dial plans are like regex to me... they don't make a lot of sense :-)

Jim: I used yours since it was

• systemwide
  • used all 4 lines

When I tried it at first it didn't work. I had to add parens around the number in the digit map and then it worked.

This should be an FAQ I tell you.....

Thanks to both of you for your help.

Rin