News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Solved: What is VG5 used for?

Started by mrjoe, August 31, 2012, 05:41:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrjoe

I have: {(<**5:>(Mvg5)):vg5} in my Phone>OutboundCallRoute.

Is the above rule superfluous or is there a use for this?

In other words what is Voice Gateway 5 used for, as it cannot be used for outgoing calls.

If yes what?

Thanks

hwittenb

mrjoe,

VoiceGateway 5 can be used for outgoing calls, you just can't access it with **5.  If you have a need, you can use VoiceGateway5 to setup an outgoing voip provider.  The problem is, as you noted, you can't access it with the **5 scheme because as noted elsewhere OBi firmware preempted that dialing prefix for something else that isn't fully documented. You can setup some different dialing prefix, something different from **5, to route a call using a configuation you have setup in VG5. 

The VoiceGateway dialing scheme referenced in an early post that uses **3, **4, **6, etc. was setup to follow the scheme setup by OBi where OBi uses **1 for SP1, **2 for SP2, **8 for PSTN Line, **9 for OBiTalk.  You could setup a different dialing scheme for instance using **6x (i.e. **61, **62, **63, **64, **65, **66, **67, **68) or other dialing prefixes for the Voice Gateways if you wish.

Another way to use VoiceGateway5 would be to setup outbound routing for calls to certain numbers using the VoiceGateway.  Recently Stewart  posted a technique where calls to U.S. Toll Free numbers were sent using a specific provider setup on a VoiceGateway ...
"The OuboundCallRoute for the Phone 1 port contains: ...,{(1(800|855|866|877|888)[2-9]xxxxxx):vg5},..."   

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=3821.0

QBZappy

**5 is used to register the OBi unit to OBiTALK. (To bind the unit to the OBiTALK portal)
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

mrjoe

Thanks hwittenb,

I thought that Voice Gateway one was out of bounds.

I used **0

Do conflicts arise when using # for accessing gateways?