News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Dialing *75 from your OBi, speed dial entry in VoIP.ms phone book

Started by OBiSupport, December 07, 2010, 04:25:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OBiSupport

A service provider may use any digit combination for your configuration of speed dial entry.

Service Provider: VoIP.ms has reserved speed dial numbers: *7501 - *7599

To be able to use the VoIP.ms speed dials in your OBi, you need to do two things:

1. Delete or modify the Star Code entry(ies) that has *75.
In OBi's default configuration, you will see in both "Star Code Profile A" and "Star Code Profile B", that *75 is referenced as Code 22 for (Check Speed Dial).

2. Add *75xx to your SP DigitMap.  By taking out *75 in the Star code profile(s), you won't be able to dial *75 until you add *75xx to your DigitMap, so it looks like (*75xx|1xx......etc....).

OBi-Guru

We made changes to the wizard configurator specifically to VoIP.ms to allow *75 dialing not to conflict with other star-codes as described above.

dani

I've been trying to setup this, but it's proving more difficult than I imagined.
I keep getting a busy tone as soon as I dial *75.
Dialing **2*75xx works fine.

This is my current setup:
Star Code Profile A > Code22 > EMPTY (all other codes are DEFAULT, nothing else has *75)

Star Code Profile B > Code22 > EMPTY (all other codes are DEFAULT, nothing else has *75)

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine : Default (PSTN)

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> OutboundCallRoute:
{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>|911):li},{**0:aa},{(*75xx):sp2},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2(8885551212>$2)},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> DigitMap: (Google Voice)

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> General -> DigitMap: (voip.ms SIP)
(*75xx|*xx|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.)

Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port -> DigitMap:
([2-9]11S0|[2-9]xxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|18(00|88|77|66|55)xxxxxxx|<1>8(00|88|77|66|55)xxxxxxx| <**1>1[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<**2>011xx.|<**2>10xx.)

Any help would be much appreciated.

ianobi

dani,

(*75xx|*xx|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.)

This has put *75xx into Msp2. Therefore it is already referenced in Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> OutboundCallRoute. The rule {(*75xx):sp2} is not needed there.

It is generally thought best to leave PhonePort DigitMap and OutboundCallRoute at default. Then do any routing in the trunk digit maps. The following looks a bit out of place in the PhonePort OutBoundCallRoute:

{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2(8885551212>$2)} but then I don't know what it is trying to achieve.

dani

ianobi:

I removed {(*75xx):sp2} from OutboundCallRoute, leaving *75xx in the DigitMap and I still get busy with *75. Anything else you can think of?

The (8885551212>$2) is for Caller ID.

Thanks for your help.

ianobi

dani,

The *75xx needs redirecting from your PrimaryLine. You could put this in:

([2-9]11S0|[2-9]xxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|18(00|88|77|66|55)xxxxxxx|<1>8(00|88|77|66|55)xxxxxxx| <**1>1[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<**2>011xx.|<**2>10xx.|<**2>*75xx)

A tidier approach is to make sure all the routings you need are in:
(*75xx|*xx|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|10xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.)

Then add <**2>(Msp2) to your LinePort DigitMap. So:

([2-9]11S0|[2-9]xxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|18(00|88|77|66|55)xxxxxxx|<1>8(00|88|77|66|55)xxxxxxx| <**1>1[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<**2>(Msp2))

dani

Your "tidier approach" did the trick. Thanks!

Now if we could get fancy.... would there be a way to process the call as soon as *75xx is dialed, instead of waiting for more digits for a while or pressing '#'?

If that's too much work I'll leave it as is.

Thanks again

ianobi

I don't use voip.ms, but as I understand it you dial a voip.ms speed dial by sending *75xx to voip.ms, then voip.ms dial the number stored in that speed dial.

The only delay in the Obi is two seconds that the interdigit timer inserts after a matched number - *75 followed by any two digits is a matched number. You could remove that two second delay by using *75xxS0 but I wonder if the delay you mention is at voip.ms more than in the OBi.

tavie888

Hello,

How do I actually use speed dialing in OBi110?

I already set up phonebook in voip.ms, deleted *75 in Star Code Profile B's Code 22 then added **75xx to ITSP Profile B >General >DigitMap.

The reason I am asking the above question is that in OBi Dashboard >Speed Dials, there are presently only 2 entries for Parameter Name and Value, e.g. 1 for Softphone, and 2 for voip.ms (ITSP B).  The rest is blank.

1. Do I still have to set up speed dial values for frequently used numbers in this Speed Dial Settings Window?

2. If yes, do I press the speed dial code like so: 4, i.e. for **2 plus 10 or 11-digit number?

3. If I don't have to, then do I dial **75 plus 10 or 11-digit number?

Thanks in advance for your help.

hwittenb

tavie888,

voip.ms offers a "phone book" feature where you can setup speed dial numbers.  To use voip.ms's speed dial feature you dial those numbers as *75xx.  The number is sent to voip.ms where they figure out what the actual number is you wish to dial.  You maintain these numbers under your voip.ms account.

The OBi adapters also offer a separate speed dial number feature where you can setup the numbers and then access any voip provider you have setup on the OBi.  To use the OBi speed dial numbers you setup the number under User Settings-->Speed Dials.  You dial the speed dial number followed by #.  If the speed dial entry is 2 you dial 2#.  If the speed dial entry is 15 you dial 15#.  Actually you don't have to dial the # you can wait for the timeout.

I setup mine as follows:
SP1(15105551212)
where I want the call to go out via SP1 and the number to be dialed is 15105551212

The OBi Device Administration Guide says

"Each OBi device supports 99 speed dial numbers. The 99 speed dial slots are numbered from 1 to 99 and are invoked by dialing a 1 or 2-digit number corresponding to the slot number. Speed dials may be dialed from the PHONE port or via the Auto Attendant. Note that the 2-digit numbers "01", "02", ..., "09" are not admissible; you must dial the 1-digit number "1", "2", ..., "9" for slot number 1-9."

"Speed dial value can be set using the configuration web page, remote provisioning, or star code (see the Star Code Section in this document for more details). The value may be a number just like the one you normally dial, with or without any service access code prefix, such as: **9200112233, **214089991123, 4280913, etc. It may also include explicit trunk information with the general format TK(number), where TK= SP1, SP2, LI, or PP. For example, PP(ob200112233), SP2(14089991123), LI(4280913), etc.
If trunk information is not specified in the speed dial entry, OBi device applies DigitMap and OutboundCallRoute when making the call. Otherwise neither DigitMap nor OutboundCallRoute is applied."

tavie888

Hello,

1.  Since I want to use at most 2 digits for speed dials, I would rather specify trunk info in the speed dial value entry, e.g. SP2(1+10-digit number).

2.  I cannot locate Speed Dials in User Settings.  If I enter OBi Expert Configurations, then User Settings shows "User Defined DigitMaps" only, but NOT "Speed Dials".  However, if I go to OBi Dashboard, I find SpeedDials there.

Any idea?

QBZappy

tavie888,

Quote from: tavie888 on August 29, 2012, 07:26:14 PM
2.  I cannot locate Speed Dials in User Settings.  If I enter OBi Expert Configurations, then User Settings shows "User Defined DigitMaps" only, but NOT "Speed Dials".  However, if I go to OBi Dashboard, I find SpeedDials there.

Any idea?
Using the portal that where you will find the speed dial slots.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

tavie888

QBZappy,

Pardon me, but where do I locate the "Portal"?

Thanks in advance!

tavie888

Hi everyone,

I found out OBiTalk Portal is the screen that appears after logging in.

I just made a few test calls using OBi's speed dial,with SP2 being voip.ms as primary line:

1. For example, dialing 6# (for **2*7508) DOESN'T work.  I heard the message: "The value is **2*7508"

After that, there was no dial tone.

2.  Dialing 7# (for **2*1+10-digit number) also DOESN'T work.  The message I heard was: "The value is **2*11234567890", for example.  No dial tone afterwards either.

I use the "tidied up" DigitMap as suggested by ianobi in a few posts back.

On the other hand, if I use voip.ms speed dial code (**2*75xx) then the call goes through.

Any idea or suggestions?

Thanks in advance for your help.

tavie888

Hello again,

Today I removed *75xx from SP2 General DigitMap, then tried OBiTalk's speed dialing. When I dialed, say 5# to mean **2+number, I heard "the value is **2xxxxxxxxxx".

On re-examining SP2's DigitMap, I noticed that somehow I also removed |*xx that precedes 1xxxxxxxxxx. Perhaps this is why OBiTalk speed dialing failed.

Well, I will fix this and try again tomorrow!

tavie888

Hello,

I added *xx to the front of 1xxx...., ie, the very beginning of DigitMap in ITSP B General, but

SP2(1XXXXXXXXXX) still doesn't work.  I hear a message on the phone repeating "the value is SP21XXXXXXXXXXX".

Making Google Voice a primary line to call out from then switching to SP1(1XXXXXXXXXX) gives similar message on the phone.

PHONE Port's Primary Line is PSTN

Here is the PHONE PORT's Digit Map: ([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|911|**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

Here is the PHONE Port's Outbound Call Route:

{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>|911):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

My Panasonic  KX-TG6641C phone is hooked up to the PHONE port of OBi110, and the Bell landline is connected to the LINE port of OBi.  I should add that **1 to **9 + number works, so do voip.ms speed dialing (e.g.**2*75xx).  It's just that somehow OBITalk Speed Dialing has not worked for me.

Here's LINE Port's DigitMap:

(xxxxxxxS4|1xxxxxxxxxx|xx.)

LINE Port's Inbound Call route: ph

Can anyone help me make OBiTalk Speed Dialing work?  Thank you!

MOD: Could you move all my posts regarding OBITalk Spped Dialing doesn't work to a new thread?  Sorry I didn't realize the topic has changed from original thread.  Thank you.

tavie888

Hello,

I think I discovered why OBiTalk speed dial code being read out to me, despite the fact I had deleted Code 22 (Check Speed Dial) previously to set up voip.ms speed dialing (*75xx).

Today Star Code profile B (also A) > Code 22 re-appears and shows its Value to be:

([1-9]|[1-9]x), CheckSpeedDial, say($Spd[$Code])

Perhaps the clue to a solution lies in Code 21's Value:

*74([1-9]|[1-9]x, Set Speed Dial, coll($Spd[$Code])

Any suggestions?

ianobi

tavie888,

Are you deleting code 22 in both Star Code profile A & B by using the Expert Pages via the OBi Portal? If so, make sure that you uncheck both boxes to the right of the value before you delete *75.... then press Submit and wait a few minutes for the OBi to reboot.