News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

2 phones on an OBI110

Started by Haywood, August 04, 2012, 08:27:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haywood

I'm trying 2 different cordless phones on a phone line hub. I was wondering if others had tried this and want to know of any problems you have encountered. I kind of need to do this, the extra phone is a headset phone, but it really isn't much of an everyday phone, so I'd really like to keep both hot at all times.

Rick

Quote from: Haywood on August 04, 2012, 08:27:05 PM
I'm trying 2 different cordless phones on a phone line hub. I was wondering if others had tried this and want to know of any problems you have encountered. I kind of need to do this, the extra phone is a headset phone, but it really isn't much of an everyday phone, so I'd really like to keep both hot at all times.

Have you found anything that tells you that this wouldn't work?  Have you tried it?

The OBi doesn't give a hoot what you plug into the phone jacks once the OBi is powering them, as long as the total number of devices doesn't require too much voltage to ring.  Two cordless phones, even if they have multiple phones on each, is two phones.  The cordless base is what rings the remote phones, they don't take current since they are wireless.

Haywood

So far so good, my wife is taking to her mother on the headset right now, and she says it is fine.
I guess I was looking to avoid any pit falls others had encountered. I'm at this point calling it a win.
I don't have any satellites on either phone, mainly because I just don't own any. I don't think the RCA headset even supports additional headsets, but the main Uniden does.