News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Adding Obi 202 already have OBI 110. What Port Settings?

Started by davefred99, August 12, 2012, 10:33:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davefred99

OK I have purchased a second Obi 202 and want to use it on the same network as my existing Obi110. I have them both configured and mostly working but some times incoming calls do not come through on the 202 device.
After reading through many many posts here it occurs to me that one problem may be that I need to set one of the devices up using different Ports. I the Obi Portal I can see that both devices use port 5060 as the primary port and each additional sip in sequence (5061,5062,5063 etc) there are also Rtp settings in the 16600,16800,17000 etc.
My question is what ports or other settings should or need to be changed to have both devices coexist.
I could find only one post by Ron R referring to setting one or the other device to sip 5060 and also recommending changing the RTP ports as well.
Can someone tell me what settings should be changed and where exactly do I change them using the Portal experienced user interface.
Thanks In advance, Dave

GregoryZ

Just a quick thought...

Have you set your router's DHCP to give each OBi device a Static address?

I've had issues in the past just getting my OBi100 and my OBiAPP to work.  I followed RonR's posts, and it had no effect.  But, after giving the OBi100 and my PC, each their own Static IP address through the router, it solved my issues.

On the Network Settings of the OBi100, I left it as DHCP (defult).

Depending on your router, it should then handle the port needed for each device on it's own.

However, setting one device to use say 5060 and the other to use 5075 or something, should help too.

Good Luck with it, and report your results.

-G

OBi100, OBi110, OBi200, OBi202

jimates

I have 3 Obi's on my network with no problems. I have one switch plugged into my router with the 3 Obi's plugged into the switch.

davefred99

Quote from: jimates on August 13, 2012, 04:51:25 AM
I have 3 Obi's on my network with no problems. I have one switch plugged into my router with the 3 Obi's plugged into the switch.

The question is did you change any port settings or just plug them in with the defaults. My searches indicate that while they my all work that way there is a potential for problems if they all share the same sip port :5060 and the same RTP ports. What I am trying to figure out is were and what should I change to ensure the best performance. Port: is listed in several lines on the Obi Expert pages and I am not sure what lines are where this is done.

QBZappy

davefred99,

Before messing around with changing port values, see if setting up a stun server will fix your problem.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

davefred99

Quote from: QBZappy on August 13, 2012, 08:21:25 AM
davefred99,

Before messing around with changing port values, see if setting up a stun server will fix your problem.

I am kinda new to this and am not sure how this is accomplished. I have read some on it and it is not clear if this is just a simple check mark on the settings inside the OBI expert portal or if I need to add some other stuff as well. I have also read something about stun not working with all Voip services.

My setup is: OBI202, SPI= GV,SP2=Anveo,SP3=VOIPO   OBI101, SP1= GV2, SP2=Callcentric.

My main issue is to forward my Voipo number to Anveo using sip url instead of DID. I am doing the forwarding all on the VOIPO web site not via OBI talk or anything. When I do this using my Anveo sip url I get intermittent results yet if I use a physical did # it works fine. I started searching for potential problems is how I came across the idea of changing Port 5060 because I found and old post by Ron R mentioning it but not in any detail. Also I did not have the Voipo account setup at the time of testing. so it is not related to that. I did have another Voipo adapter connected at the time and was told to remove it and see if the problem persisted and it did.

I just want to know the best settings for using 2 OBi devices on the same network. It appears that some here have indicated that the factory settings were ok even if they shared the same 5060 port while others recommend changing them and now I am being told that setting up a Stun server is a good idea. The last thing I want to do is go changing things for sake of change and I am not really sure were such changes are to made in the OBI configuration.

QBZappy

Quote from: davefred99 on August 13, 2012, 01:29:09 PM
The last thing I want to do is go changing things for sake of change and I am not really sure were such changes are to made in the OBI configuration.

When you decided to go with voip, especially with a BYOD type service, it is implied in that decision that you will have to experiment/tweak your devices. Some of the suggestions made by everyone so far may or may not work, you are the only one who can test these configurations.

FYI stun is configured here:
ITSP Profile A/B->General->STUNEnable (put a check mark)
ITSP Profile A/B->General->STUNServer (pick one from here http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/STUN)
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.