News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Lost Connection

Started by Fjmang, August 14, 2012, 02:55:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fjmang

My device can no longer connect to the Obitalk servers.  I was able to reset it and connect it back last night but it stopped working again today.  
I removed the device and tried to set it up again but it cannot connect.  
The echo test fails.  
The device gets a good IP and solid green light.  When it stopped connecting to the OBiTalk servers the GV set still displayed as connected.
I have not changed anything in my router and the device was working fine for a couple months before this started happening. I'm wondering if my device is going bad?

I tried to put in a support ticket but the site would fail to load after hitting submit on the support ticket site.

Fjmang

n/m rebooted router and it connected again.. hopefully it was just a fluke

MurrayB

I ran into something similar the connection was solid for months then all of a sudden every couple days it was offline. Rebooting the Obi did nothing rebooting the router reconnects the Obi. I replaced the router and the connection was solid again. The router of course decided to stop sending data over the Wifi so Staples got it back. I received a new router from Amazon today I will install it tomorrow. Hopefully, that is the end of the saga.

I hope that your problem solves so easy.

Good Luck!

ggramont

I had the same problem and it took me one afternoon to solve the problem. I had a IP conflict. Just disconnect the router and shut down all of your computers and any Wifi gadget. Reconnect your router, wait 5 mn, reconnect your Obi, wait till all lights are ok, then reconnect all of the other computers. This should work.

MurrayB

I installed an Amped Wireless R10000 on August 17, six days ago, the Obii connection been solid. With the previous router I was lucky for a couple of days. This was no good for a remote installation not even a local installation.

Have you solved your problem?