News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

obi110 no pstn engaged tone

Started by Clive, August 15, 2012, 03:05:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clive

Hi, I've been trawling the forum but can't find anything about this.
I have a 110 using voip on line 1 as default and pstn connected to line.
The problem is, if I'm on an outbound call on voip and receive a pstn call, the caller does not get an engaged tone but a ringing tone. Is there a way to force an engaged tone under this condition?
Thanks

Stewart

AFAIK, there is no way to make the OBi take the PSTN line "off hook" when making a VoIP call, which is what would be needed for the behavior you request.  IMO, such an action would be undesirable, e.g. it would prevent someone from using another phone on the PSTN line from making an emergency or other call.

With default settings, if you are on a VoIP call, an incoming PSTN call should play a "call waiting" beep in your handset and allow you to switch between the calls.

If you don't like call waiting, you could disable it and have the PSTN line forward on busy and on no answer to a voicemail service.  With some, e.g. Anveo, you could set up separate greetings for busy and for no answer, e.g. "I'm currently on another line; please leave a message at the tone."  And, if you wanted to be really mean, you could record a greeting that sounds like an engaged tone :)

Clive

QBZappy

Clive,
How about the following:
Physical Interfaces -> Line -> InboundCallRoute = {sp1(1xxxxxxxxxx)}

Note this there is NO "ph" in the inbound call route. All calls will be forked over to the sp1. As long as the sp1 is offering only one voice channel you might get the behavior you are looking for. If you are talking on the sp1 when a PSTN call comes, the caller should get a busy tone. (I think)

Note that sp1 can not be GV since it offers 2 voice channels, and I think you will loose the original CID.

An alternate way which may preserve the CID  is to use the OBiTALK service. I'm not sure about this one. I think passing CID is only for OBi->OBi/OBiAPP. I'm not certain about PSTN->OBi. You will need to test it.
Physical Interfaces -> Line -> InboundCallRoute = {pp(200xxxxxx)}
Voice Services -> OBiTALK Service Settings -> InboundCallRoute = {sp1(1xxxxxxxxx)}

How about that a double forking strategy. I don't even know if that's possible. On paper it looks good.  :D

In any event the phone attached to the OBi should ring giving you the same call experience or ring busy to the caller. Let us know if it works. I'm curious.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.