News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Message Waiting won't erase

Started by stan99, August 15, 2012, 08:27:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stan99

My phone shows message waiting when there isn't a message...I can erase it with the phone and it will come back on in about 15 seconds...I unplugged the obi110 and then erased the indicator , this time it stayed off ....when I plugged the obi110 the message waiting came back on 15 seconds later....I'm using google voice .Anybody have an idea what to do?

pc44

Hi stan99,

You mentioned trying to clear the indicator using your phone, but have you tried manually turning off the message waiting indicator from within your Obi?  You can do so by setting the following:
Voice Services -> SPx Service -> MessageWaiting: Disabled/Un-Checked

SPx is either SP1 or SP2 depending on which one you are using.

pc44

rlev

Until recently (Now the obi message indicator just seems to be broken) I had to resync GV with the obi about once a month.  Although I have not proved/tested this I think GV/obi is getting out of sync if we do something other than archive our messages when we listen to them (like save as new).

What I do to resync:
1) log into GV.
2) archive all messages in the inbox. 
3) Logout.
4) Log into the obi. 
5) clear the message waiting flag
6) hit submit button, then reset button.

sic0048

I usually find when I have a notification that won't go away, it is because of some message or notification that is sitting in my GV mailbox, but is not accessible through the phone system.

Log into your GV account on a computer and double check what is in the "In Box".  I think you will find something on the computer that you cannot access and clear through the phone.

Also check your setting and make sure you don't have any notifications (like missed calls) being sent to the "In Box."