News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Voicemail indicator

Started by mattucf, August 16, 2012, 09:44:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattucf

Ok, I have confirmed that MWIEnable and X_VMWIEnable are checked.  Also if I check MessageWaiting my phone will display a message about having a voicemail and if I uncheck it manually it will remove the message.  My question is why is the OBI not correctly updating this flag itself?

pc44

Hi mattucf,

You didn't mention which OBi you are using.  If you are referring to the OBi202, there is another thread on this forum in which Obihai says it is a problem they are working on.  You may also want to make sure you are using the latest, most current version of OBi firmware.  You can check that by using the telephone attached to your OBi and pressing ***6.

Hope it helps,
pc44

mattucf

I have an OBI 100.  It has software version 1.3 on it (the newest build).  Hmm any other ideas?

pc44

mattucf,

The issue with the OBi202's voicemail waiting indicator might also apply to other OBi models.  I am not sure.  Since it was only 4 days ago that Obihai indicated they were working on a resolution, it might be worth checking into.  Perhaps Obihai can let us know if the present VMWI issue is across all models or only the 202.

Voice mail indicator & stutter dial tone no longer work on Obi202 unit using GV

pc44

mattucf

i emailed customer service who remotely updated my firmware to 1.3.0 (Build: 2719) which fixed the issue.  I don't believe this firmware is available for download, but CS can help you if you have an Obi 100.

pc44

Thanks for the update.  Glad to know that there is a fix available.  I would assume that firmware will also work for OBi110s.

Thanks for letting us know! :)
pc44