News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

without phone 1 week, help.

Started by gloria, August 17, 2012, 08:42:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gloria

I have had the obi110 configured for a month and couldnt use because of static.  installed NEW obi and cord and now no service.  reset obi.
no static, no service.  tried reconfiguring but it says already done.
I am 72, ill health, no phone at all! please e.mail me at gloriasart@gmail.com
I will check here also but have been waiting days for answer.

QBZappy

gloria,

It may be easier to fix this with someone helping you. It may be nothing at all, however it may be difficult to make ourselves understood if you have not had a chance to develop some computer skills. Can you ask someone to look at this for you? (son, daughter, nephew, niece, friend)

The OBi may be easy to set up. This statement is relative. It depends if you have some minimal computer skills. My mother is about your age. God bless her, but I know that she would never be able to set up this box.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

gloria

any suggestions to try?  I paid a pc guy $50 to set up!

pc44

Hi gloria,

You mentioned that with the new OBi you now have "no static, no service."  Do you at least get a dialtone when you pick up the telephone that is directly connected to your OBi?

pc44 :)

gloria

yes, then I dial and voice says no service

gloria

tried to reconfigure and it shows pc online, soft phone not connected

pc44

Good!  Well, not "good" but progress.  Next question... are you able to log in to either your OBi Device Webpage or your OBiTalk Portal?  If so, please tell us what you see on the System -> System Status page for your SP1 and SP2 provider status.

Thanks,
pc44

pc44

Quote from: gloria on August 17, 2012, 09:43:07 AM
tried to reconfigure and it shows pc online, soft phone not connected

I think that is okay, because I do not believe you are using a softphone in your setup.  Please also let us know which VoIP provider(s) are you using?  Google Voice or who?

pc44

gloria

google voice.   The guy who set up plugged cable phone line into obi.  static.
but worked.  guy on phone, (i still had one) told me to plug phone directly into obi. no static, dial tone, no service

pc44

Please tell us what you see on the System -> System Status page for your Google SP status.  It should say connected.

On the OBi110, there are two ports for the telephone line.  Which one are you plugging your telephone into?

pc44

gloria

plugged in to phone
sp1 says offline
sp2 says online

pc44

If you dial, **2 and then a test phone number, such as 1-800-FREE-411, does the call go through?  It sounds as though you are only set up on SP2.

pc44

gloria

gloria

gloria

I just got my tracfone setup, so I will close now and try again later
thank you very much

pc44

If you need to setup SP1, take a look at some of the links in my signature below.  There are several guides, as well as screenshot tutorials, for setting up SP1.

You mentioned a tracfone setup, but I am unaware of how that works with the OBi's.  Either way, if and when you want to work on the OBi again later, just let us know!

pc44 :)

gloria

I'm back to try again.
sp1 says offline
sp2 says online

pc44

Well, that didn't take long. :)

Please use these instructions to set up your OBi.  You may want to read some of the setup guides in my signature below to properly familiarize yourself with the basics of the OBi interface and setup.

pc44

gloria

well I've gone over all the set up tits and instructions many times.  I follow it all.  I ended up with sp1 offline
sp2 offline
I get a dial tone.  I did the echo test, the phone works fine on that.
I dial a number and get voice,,,there is no service.
what can I do to get sp1 online?

pc44

To get SP1 online, I would strongly suggest setting it up again.  Go through the steps to configure GV on SP1.  If you want to troubleshoot your existing setup, we will need more information, such as your Service Provider status for SP1 when you go to Status -> System Status -> SP1 Service Status -> Status.  It should say Connected, Not Configured, or Backing Off.  These messages can help with troubleshooting.

Alternatively, if SP2 is functioning and Connected, you could easily set SP2 as your Primary Line, and you would be instantly good to go.  To set SP2 as your Primary Line, go to Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine.

pc44