News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBiAPP & X Lite Setup Configurations?

Started by tavie888, August 18, 2012, 08:01:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tavie888

Hello,

I installed X-Lite version 5.0 then OBiAPP.

1. X-Lite: SIP Account > Topology tab:
What should I use for "Firewall Traversal Method"?

2. OBiAPP: Advanced tab:

What should be the IP addresses for:

a) SIP Domain or Proxy Local Address?

b) OBiTalk Local Address?

3.  Should I port-forward the RTP Ports for SIP Domain (Port #36000) and OBiTalk Local Address (Port #36100)?

4.  How can I re-open OBiAPP to enter the IP addresses in Item#2 above, since it only opened the first time I configure X-Lite?

Thanks in advance for your help.

tavie888

Hello,

I made a mistake of installing X_Lite BEFORE OBiAPP, instead of the other way around.  Had to re-install X-Lite (chose "repair" installation).

OBiAPP (ver.1.1.0 Build 1944)

Right clicking its icon in Windows taskbar notification area >Login

MyOBi Tab:

OBi Talk Number: 290xxxxxx (from Soft phone in OBi Portal)
Voice Gateway: xxxxxxxxx (9-digit device/OBi number on the box)

Advanced tab:

SIP domain or Proxy local address:

IP address: Default ( I chose default instead of 192.168.1.x from drop-down menu.  Machine having X-Lite is a wireless client)

SIP Port: 506X where X is non-zero (default 5060 results in soft phone not registered)

RTP Ports: 36000 (default)

OBiTalk local address:

IP address: Default (same reason as above)

Signaling port: 10000

RTP Port: 36100 (default)

X-Lite

Softphone > Account settings >SIP account > Account tab

Account name: OBiAPP

User ID: 290xxxxxx (OBi number, from the box)

Domain: 127.0.0.1

Domain proxy: Check "register with domain and receive calls"

Send outbound via "Proxy address: 127.0.0.1:506X" where X= same non-zero digit as set in 506X (OBiAPP >SIP Port Number)

Topology tab: Firewall traversal: Autodetect firewall traversal using ICE (recommended)

In OBiAPP, I have already saved the SIP Port number (506X) but whenever I turn on the PC, this port number keeps reverting to 5060 resulting in soft phone client not being registered.  I then had to change SIP port number back to 506X before soft phone is registered.  Furthermore, the Status tab of OBiAPP now shows a different SIP port number:

SIP:290xxxxxx@127.0.0.1:5062

I can make a soft phone call via OBi Voice Gateway, but still get bothered by having to re-enter SIP Port number every time I want to use the soft phone.  It does not matter if I use IE or Firefox browser, whereas previously I had to use IE to set up SIP account credentials in OBi110.  Any suggestions?

TIA

GregoryZ

Log out of the OBiAPP

Change the Port Number in the OBiAPP.

Click "Save"

Log Out again, but don't close the OBiAPP.

See if it changed back to 5060 or stayed the way you set it.

If is saved it, close the OBiAPP, and restart.

Let us know if that fixed it.

-G
OBi100, OBi110, OBi200, OBi202

tavie888

Hello GregoryZ,

Thanks for your reply, but how can one change SIP Port number after logging out of OBiAPP?  Your instruction seems confusing to me. 

Anyway, I solved the problem by:

1. Uninstalling then re-installing OBiAPP

2. Log in OBiAPP

3. OBiAPP:

MyOBi tab: shows same input values as before

Advanced tab: SIP Port = 5060, everything else shown to be same as before

4. X-Lite:

Soft phone > Account settings > SIP Account > Account tab

...Send outbound calls via:

Proxy address: 127.0.0.1:5060

Save

5. OBiAPP > Status tab shows X-Lite is registered:

State: Registered

I believe in #4, domain proxy address has to be 5060 for softphone client to be registered.  Don't know why in OBiAPP the Status tab shows SIP Port 5062.

GregoryZ

Quote from: tavie888 on August 20, 2012, 09:56:23 PM
Thanks for your reply, but how can one change SIP Port number after logging out of OBiAPP?  Your instruction seems confusing to me. 

:)  Don't confuse "logout" with closing the OBiApp.

IF your OBiAPP is showing as an icon in the notification area, right click on it and choose "Properties"  Then in the lower left hand click "Logout"  Click the "Advanced" tab.  There you can change the Port Number, and continue as I described above.

If things are working for you the way you have them, then I guess you're set. 

Best of Luck!
-G

tavie888

Hello everyone,

I spoke too soon!  Still having problem with softphone not being registered (SIP error 408).  Otherwise, connecting X-Lite directly to voip.ms is fine.

Possible reasons:

1. When I went to the Softphone Config Screen of OBiTalk Portal, the number in the pull-down menu for the Voice Gateway is that of my SIP services (SP1= GV, SP2=voip.ms), i.e. 200xxxxxx, but NOT the OBiTalk Number 290xxxxxx of OBiAPP as suggested by RonR in one of his posts;

2. The RTP (audio&video) ports figures that show up is 36000 for SIP domain or proxy local address, and 36100 for OBiTalk local address.  However, voip.ms web site shows their RTP port range= 10001-20000 UDP.

3. X-Lite v5 forum shows that there's still a bug in v4 and v5 preventing X-Lite from registering with SIP port.

4.  The PC that has X-Lite connects to a wireless repeater, so the PC gets its IP address automatically from DHCP.  The main router which connects to a cable modem and OBi110 gets its IP address automatically from ISP.

Suggestions, anyone?

Thank you!

GregoryZ

Tavie888,

I struggled with getting OBiAPP and X-Lite to work for quite some time.  Even after I got it all to register, after a period of time (somtimes minutes, sometime hours) it wouldn't ring on incomming calls.  Even if I was still showing registered.

Long story short.... I gave up on the OBiAPP / X-Lite.  I didn't like getting forced to update to v.5 either.

So, I now have my softphone registered with Callcentric, and my GV just forwards to it.  I don't use the Softphone for any thing besides the Pop-Up showing who is calling when my Phone attached to my OBi100 rings.

That is all I need it to do anyway.  :)

I'm sure that you are still wanting a solution, but I don't have one for you.  Again, I messed with it for Weeks, before I just gave up on it.  :)

Good Luck!  If you do find a working solution, please post it.  Maybe I can learn from your efforts too.

Regards,
GregoryZ

tavie888

Hello GregoryZ,

Thank you for your kind words and encouragement.  I finally was able to make this combination of OBiAPP & X-Lite works partially:

X-Lite

SIP account settings:

Userid: <OBiTalk number 290xxxxxx>

Domain: <IP of the OBi you heard when you first installed it>

Proxy address: <OBi's IP:5060>

Topology: Auto detect, port range:5060-5080

I can make calls (WHITE letters of the word "Call" on a green button) and hear the phone rings, even though the screen shows "Enabling account please wait".

Before that, I went into my router and port forward RTP port numbers 16600-16998 which belong to OBi110. Then to OBi Portal > Expert Config > X_EnableICE (?): Default Setting checked

In OBiAPP > Advanced Tab:

SIP Domain or Proxy Local Address:

IP Address: Default

SIP Port: 5060

RTP Ports: 16600

OBiTALK Local Address:

IP Address: Default

Signaling Port: 10000

RTP Ports: 16998

The Status tab of OBiAPP still shows softphone client as not registered.

I have not tried making long-distance calls or other types of calls. I may need to learn more about Digit Maps and Dial Plans before I can do so.  I may even switch to 3CX soft phone if it turns out to be much better than X-Lite.  May I ask which soft phone you are currently using with Callcentrics?

Best regards

GregoryZ

During my attempts at getting the OBiAPP and Softphone to work, I had tried several Softphones.

The Softphone I finally settled on was "PhonerLite"

The thing I like most about this softphone is, that it has a built in "Google Contact" function.  This allows me to get Caller Name from my Google Contacts list.  And, I like it's small pop-up when a call is recieved.  Again, the Pop-UP / Caller ID is really the only function I use it for.

Here is a download link: http://www.phonerlite.de/download_en.htm

-GregoryZ

QBZappy

GregoryZ,

It's funny that you should be mentioning Phonerlite. Last week I had been considering writing about it. In addition to the Google contacts feature as you mentioned, another interesting feature that I have been using is the debug feature. It is like a built in wireshark feature of the app. No need to install any other packet tracing software. It gives a good idea what ports are being used along with a good sip trace. If you want to keep it simple this is a good app to use just for the debug feature. You can even download a portable app version of the software. (No installation required)
http://www.phonerlite.de/download_de.htm
http://www.portablefreeware.com/?id=1275
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

jimates

how do I configure this phonerlite with Obion?

GregoryZ

Jimates,

Quote from: jimates on August 22, 2012, 12:52:32 PM
how do I configure this phonerlite with Obion?

I'm sorry, but reading your post put a BIG smile on my face.  ;D  The reason is, I would be expecting You to answer that question for the rest of us.   :D  (You Know We Appriciate You!)

I use a "Dumb" version of the Cell Phone Technology, so I don't have an answer.  Perhaps QBZappy will pipe back in on a New Topic just for the PhonerLite.

jimates

GregoryZ,

Sorry, I want to use it with the Obion PC.
I downloaded it and extracted it. I guess there is no install, just click on the application in the folder.
What do I enter where for configuration?

GregoryZ

Quote from: jimates on August 22, 2012, 01:10:35 PM
GregoryZ,

Sorry, I want to use it with the Obi for PC.
Ok, now we are back to the OBiAPP, then.
Like I said earlier, I struggled with the OBiAPP for weeks on end.  I was using X-Lite v.4 before I was forced to update it.  I tried a few other Softphones before choosing PhonerLite.

I never could get any of the SoftPhones to work correctly for any length of time. (Remeber this Topic: http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=3550.msg23990#msg23990 )

So, again, like I said above, I dumped the idea of getting the OBiAPP to work as it's intended, and just use my PhonerLite Softphone with CC, and use it for Caller ID.

QuoteI downloaded it and extracted it. I guess there is no install, just click on the application in the folder.

I don't recall the Install process.  But I just checked my "Installed Programs" from the Control Panel in Vista, and it shows as an Installed Program.  Don't know if that helps ya any.

There are things about the PhonerLite that I don't really care for, but my main purpose was to get Caller ID when my "Old School" desk phone rings.

-G

jimates

Oh, OK. I don't have a sip provider for configuration. Thanks.

GregoryZ

Then here is what I'm going to suggest:

Get a FREE DID from IPKall  (http://www.ipkall.com/)

Set up a FREE account with CallCentric, and use the IPKall DID for your number (No 911 fees or anything)

Add the IPKall number as a forwarding Phone in GV

Setup your SoftPhones with your CC credintials.

Works for me!  :)

EDIT:  I don't use the CC Account / Softphones for OutBound Calls.  So if you are wanting to call from any of your PCs using a softphone, this may not be the route you want to go.

BTW - The Caller ID (CName) I am speeking of, comes from my GV Contact List.  It will not provide names for numbers not in my GV Contact list, until I add them.  

-G

QBZappy

Jim,

You can install the full app or use a portable version. Both work the same. Portable version has the advantage of being portable (Can run it off a USB key)

Phonerlite+OBion (OBiAPP) setup:

Configuration Tab
New
Configuration Tab->Server Tab
Proxy/Registrar = 127.0.0.1 (Put a check mark in Register)
Domain/Realm = 127.0.0.1
Configuration Tab->User Tab
Usener name = 290xxxxxx
Authentication name = 290xxxxxx
Configuration Tab->Network Tab
Local port = 5060 (whatever)
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

GregoryZ

QBZappy is correct on documented way to get a Softphone working with an OBi product using OBiAPP.

However, I've not been able to get the OBiAPP to reliably work on any softphone.

If yours works, Jimmates, then perhaps we can work together on getting mine set up again.

I'll say it again and again.  I struggled for weeks with OBiAPP and softphones and gave up.

Best of Luck!!

-G

jimates

I set it up using QBZappy's info.
I downloaded the setup file and installed it.
I made one successful outgoing call.
I just got an incoming call but it did not come into the Phonerlite.

I was very excited about the google contacts integration. It doesn't load all the contacts, and it sorts by last name, which doesn't work well for business entries.

GregoryZ

Quote from: jimates on August 22, 2012, 03:16:37 PM
I just got an incoming call but it did not come into the Phonerlite.

Hmmm.  Sounds like my struggles.   ::)

I was very excited about the google contacts integration. It doesn't load all the contacts, and it sorts by last name, which doesn't work well for business entries.

I wasn't aware that PhonerLite didn't load all of the contacts.  Mine appear to be all there. 

Log into GV's Contacts.  Look at the details of one of your contacts that is missing in PhonerLite.  Mabey it is a "Groups" issue.  I don't know, but it's an idea.

The sorting, and lack of being able to hide some colums in the "History" tab are just a few of the things I don't care for about the product.  But ....  my need is only for the Caller Id Pop-up.

Keep us posted!

-G