News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

New internet service provider - RESOLVED -

Started by mrdojo, August 18, 2012, 11:52:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrdojo

Hi, I recently changed internet service providers (went from Centurylink to Comcast) and I thought I could just plug the Obi into my new router and be good to go, but I'm now getting the "there is no service available to complete your call" message.  Would someone who knows kindly walk me through what needs to be done?  Everything was setup and working properly under the old provider.  In case it matters, I also have a new router and cable modem.  

Thanks for your help!

QBZappy

mrdojo,

Your new router might have a firewall blocking the ip/ports of the OBi.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

mrdojo

Ok. Is there something I can/should do to test if that's the case?  And if it is, what should I do next? Thanks.

mrdojo

One other piece of information if it helps: I'm using a Netgear WNDR3400 router.

mrdojo

So, in case this helps anyone if the future I wanted to share my amazing fix for this.  I was going through looking at how I might open certain ports and that sort of thing on the new router when I thought, what if I restart the Obi?  Up to that point I had simply unplugged it from the old router and put it in the new one.  When it didn't work, I plugged it back into the old router and it worked fine.  So it didn't occur to me that it needed to be restarted.  But that was it!  I unplugged the power to the Obi, waited a bit, plugged it into the new router, and then plugged the power back into the Obi and everything is working great again.  I love simple solutions!  ;D