News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Google Voice and Sprint number both on one OBI110, ringing iPhone.

Started by Dustin, August 17, 2012, 03:05:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dustin

Hi Everyone! I first want to say how thankful I am I found the OBI device. It's helped my business grow so much! Here's my situation: I have a Google Voice (GV) number, which is connected to my business. When someone calls my GV number 347-450-XXXX, it calls both my landline, and my iPhone (perfect). Is there a way to also add my Sprint number 609-224-XXXX to the OBI so it calls the landline and my iPhone, like it does my business call?

Thanks
-Dustin

Dustin

I've managed to get it working. What I've done:

1. I have my 347-450-XXXX (business, SP1) number go to OBI110 and iPhone.
2. I have my 609-741-XXXX (personal, SP2) number go to just my OBI110.

I've set up call forwarding on my iPhone, using 'Forward Busy and No Answer (*28)'  (see explanations here)

When someone calls my personal 609-224-XXXX number it first rings my iPhone, and if I decline, it gets forwarded to my 609-741-XXXX number, which then will ring my OBI110. This way if I'm out and I have service, I can accept the call, or if I'm at home with no service, I can decline it, and it'll ring my OBI110.

Thanks again for a great product.
-Dustin

jimates

If you use google's voicemail for your cell phone, google voice has a setting to ring your other phones

Cell Phone
When someone calls this phone directly and I don't pick up
1 - Ring my other phones before going to voicemail
2 -  Go straight to voicemail