News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Intermittent problems calling and receiving calls.

Started by hhh222, August 16, 2012, 11:01:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hhh222

Howdy....been using a obi110 with gvoice for about a year with few problems. For the past week I'm having intermittent  problems dialing out and receiving calls. About half the time, when I dial out, I get a busy signal when the number I'm calling isn't busy. Also, when someone calls me, about half the time, my phone doesn't ring and it goes to gv voicemail. I did swap out my modem a couple of weeks ago but the problem did not start at that time.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Stewart

You need to first get a general idea where the trouble lies.

Is it the OBi?  Try shutting it down for a while, using Gmail to make and receive calls.

Is it your GV account?  Sign up for another provider, e.g. Anveo or Callcentric, and see whether you have the same troubles.

Is it your network?  Take the OBi to a friend's or neighbor's and try it there.

roy_l

I'm having the same problem - OBi 100 w/ Google Voice, and am running into periods where outgoing calls result in busy signal to numbers that are not busy.  I've been trying to isolate the problem, but it would be nice to know if it's OBi issuing the busy signal or Google Voice.  This is becoming a real nuisance because it makes the phone service unreliable.

evrk

I'm also having this problem. Has anyone found a solution? I'm fully up to date on firmware and the only thing that has changed recently for me is that I added Anveo e911 to SP2, and the problem didn't even start immediately after that.

A concurrent problem is that the alert for voicemails is also no longer working. I'm not sure if the issues are related or what.

evrk

Oh, actually just updated to the newest release (I had checked a bit ago and they must have released the new firmware since I last checked).
I'm not sure if this will stop the problem though. Anyone have ideas?

roy_l

I was continuing to have this problem even today prior to the firmware update notice.  I did update the firmware just now and will see if this improves the situation.  I'm desperately looking for a solution because it's driving the household crazy.  The fact that it's a busy signal you hear when it seems to be a connection/network problem also doesn't seem correct, especially after confirming that the destination end is not busy; instead, I would expect to hear a "fast busy" instead to indicate a network issue.

paranoid87

I am having the exact same issue.

Been using the obitalk for almost a year now with GV without any issues on 3 different devices all obi110.

just the other day when trying to call to domestic US numbers i get the busy tone, i can call UPS 1 800 number fine.Also, its weird but i can dial some GV numbers of my family that i used to call before.

I already checked the forwarding to google chat in GV is correctly set, when callers try to call me i didn't hear a ring.

This started happening before the firmware update and still persists after.

I tried resetting the obitalk, deleting and readding it in my endpoints of no avail.

OBiSupport

When you have problem making / receiving calls, please compare
with gmail's Call Phone.

In recent Google Voice's forum, Google Voice users have reported similar issues:

http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!category-topic/voice/making-and-receiving-calls/u3HtE0HkmMk

http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!category-topic/voice/making-and-receiving-calls/1PUY3CYydE4

As a temporary solution, get another gmail account, and do the same test with gmail's
"Call Phone"
If it is working, then use this account in your OBi.

Regards,
Obihai Technology

sera

I am also having the same problem for past few days. It seems to be a problem with google voice service because I tried to initiate a call via GV web interface. It failed on call you first stage. I am noticing this problem mostly in the night after 8pm. Incoming calls also don't work. Phone will stop ringing after couple of rings or no voice when you answer.