News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Any Suggestions?

Started by therzl, June 13, 2015, 05:38:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

therzl

I have Google Voice running through an OBi100. My attached phone is completely dead (the phone is fine). There's a blinking, green LED. Going through Troubleshooting I read that perhaps the Obi can't detect the modem's IP address. Is there anyone who can help? Thank you.   

Clive

OK, as you haven't said what you've tried to resolve this, let's start with the very basics.

First thing to do, disconnect the mains from your router and the obi device, wait 30 seconds then plug the mains back in.

Second, plug in the router and wait until you have working internet.

Third, plug in the obi device.

If that doesn't rectify things, your gvoice may not be set up correctly.

drgeoff

Even without GV set up correctly, even without a working internet connection, you should get dial tone when you take the phone off-hook.

therzl

To: Clive

Thank you for the instructions.  I followed them but nothing changed.  Here's all the chronological detail that led to my initial post.  I've been using GV/Obi100 for several months without any issues.  I was out of town for a month and returned several days ago.  I turned the comp. on and had no Internet connection (I have a dedicated DSL with AT&T). I contacted AT&T for resolution.  They informed me that my DSL (contract?) was not properly registered; thus, they temporarily disconnected my DSL (btw, the 3 Obi100 LEDs were lit, and I got a dial tone, but could not make an outgoing call [obviously]).  I gave them the necessary information, and my DSL was reactivated. I recall reading the words "Modem Configuration," or something close to that, on my screen during their process (does that offer any insights?). My Internet connection was now working fine. At some point I picked up the phone, and the line was dead.  I looked at the Obi100, and all I saw was a green, blinking LED.  The remaining two LEDs were inactive.  I went to the Obihai website, and tried all I could do to reactivate my GV #.  I then went to GV, to no avail.  I appreciate your attention to this; I welcome anybody's assistance.  Thank you very much.     

azrobert

You can try a factory reset.
Disconnect the OBi100 from the internet.
There is a reset button access hole on the bottom of the OBi100.
It's a little larger than the vent holes.
Press and hold the reset button with a paper clip until the OBi100 starts to reboot.

Repeating what drgeoff said:
The OBi100 will produce dial tone without being connected to the internet.
If you don't get dial tone it won't help to look at GV or your router.

Edit:
The next thing to try is another power supply.
You can use a 12v PSU from a router or modem.
If you don't have an old router or modem, you can try the PSU from your current equipment just to see if it works.