News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Cheapest e911 I've found

Started by Tazman, August 20, 2012, 08:16:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ianobi

This should do what you want:

(<911:14242798234>S0|<922:14242798235>S0|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<1aaa>[2-9]xxxxxx|011xx.)

Replace aaa with your local code.

I dropped the last three rules from the DigitMap as they are not useful with Google Voice.

oecra

Tinker

- ianobi

THANK YOU!!!!

I don't know how you know how to program these strings but now I don't have to dial area code to call across the street!

It works!

ianobi

Tinker - welcome to the forum.

Thanks for your kind comments. Most of these digit map rules have a long history. I think that we owe thanks for this one:

<1aaa>[2-9]xxxxxx

To RonR for posts some time ago in this forum.

BillMcNeal

I'm thinking of buying an Obi 100.  Is there a FAQ somewhere on how to set up 911?  I want to avoid monthly fees, so I don't mind using non-location based 911 if necessary.  Does the OP still apply in this case?

Rick

Quote from: BillMcNeal on March 01, 2013, 11:40:45 AM
I'm thinking of buying an Obi 100.  Is there a FAQ somewhere on how to set up 911?  I want to avoid monthly fees, so I don't mind using non-location based 911 if necessary.  Does the OP still apply in this case?

You have multiple choices:

1) Do nothing and call directly.
2) Map 911 to your emergency dispatch center's phone number (posts on the forum about this).
3) Get a E911 service, paying something a month.  This is the ONLY option that gives you true E911, where the dispatcher knows your name and address.

BillMcNeal

Thanks Rick.  I bought the 100 and am using Google Voice.

After searching, I used the instructions of an Amazon reviewer:

digitmap:  ([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]|[1-9][0-9]|**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

OutboundCallRoute:

{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>)|(<911:1xxxxxxxxxx>):sp1},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

Where xxxxxxxxxx is the dispatch number. 

It seems to work, I tested it with a mobile.

What is the code I should change so that a default area code is set up and I only have to dial 7 digits instead of 10 for local calls in my own area code?

ianobi

Bill,

Your digitmaps look as if they started life in an OBi110. They refer to a Line Port, which you do not have if you have an OBi100. Here is what I recommend for your OBi100. It assumes that GV is SP1 and is also the Primary Line:

Physical Interfaces > PHONE Port > DigitMap:
([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|911|**0|***|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

Physical Interfaces > PHONE Port > OutboundCallRoute:
{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<911:1xxxxxxxxxx>):sp1},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}
Where xxxxxxxxxx is the dispatch number.

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> DigitMap:
(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<1aaa>[2-9]xxxxxxS4|011xx.)

This rule in the last DigitMap <1aaa>[2-9]xxxxxxS4 allows for seven digit local numbers. The S4 adds a four second delay. This is in case someone is dialling a ten digit number very slowly and pauses for more that two seconds after the seventh digit, in which case the number would be dealt with as a seven digit number. Some users find this over-cautious and are happy with the standard two seconds allowed between digits. My lack of brain cells causes me to pause in the middle of ten digit numbers to look up the next few digits, so I find it useful   :)

BillMcNeal

Thanks ianobi!

So if I did not want the 4 second delay, I just delete the S4 and the rest remains the same?

ianobi

Yes, that's correct. You will be left with the default two second delay for that situation.

Please note that I have reinstated "911" into the Phone Port DigitMap. This ensures that 911 is processed instantly and does not rely on other digit maps.

Seattleweather

So if we call the dispatch directly, the Smart911 information will not be shown on the 911 computer window.  Is it correct?
Quote from: rsriram22 on October 04, 2012, 06:07:14 AM
another useful thread on how smart911 info is shared with PSAPs:

http://gcn.com/Articles/2012/06/11/Can-NextGen-911-catch-up-to-moibile-communications.aspx?Page=3

"..
When a 911 call reaches the PBX or other server handling calls for an answering point using Smart911, the originating number is passed over a serial port connection to the Smart911 server, which is connected to the answering point's local-area network. The server queries the Smart911 database, and if the phone number has a file associated with it the data is returned to the server. The server routes the information to the workstation responding to the call, where it is displayed in a computer window. Only 911 calls initiate the connection, and PSAPs cannot initiate queries of the database.
.."

SteveInWA

Quote from: Seattleweather on June 14, 2015, 09:52:27 AM
So if we call the dispatch directly, the Smart911 information will not be shown on the 911 computer window.  Is it correct?
Quote from: rsriram22 on October 04, 2012, 06:07:14 AM
another useful thread on how smart911 info is shared with PSAPs:

http://gcn.com/Articles/2012/06/11/Can-NextGen-911-catch-up-to-moibile-communications.aspx?Page=3

"..
When a 911 call reaches the PBX or other server handling calls for an answering point using Smart911, the originating number is passed over a serial port connection to the Smart911 server, which is connected to the answering point's local-area network. The server queries the Smart911 database, and if the phone number has a file associated with it the data is returned to the server. The server routes the information to the workstation responding to the call, where it is displayed in a computer window. Only 911 calls initiate the connection, and PSAPs cannot initiate queries of the database.
.."

Think about it:  the Smart911 database is an enhancement that depends on...wait for it...the 911 platform.  Calling a non-911 number isn't going to use the features of 911 at all.

Isn't the added capability of Smart911 worth you paying the small cost of working 911 service?  It's the most significant enhancement to emergency assistance since the original 911 system was introduced.

https://www.smart911.com/