News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Using VG to connect two OBis (to give dial tone at distant end)

Started by Millennium, August 21, 2012, 03:31:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ianobi

Warning!! Do not let wife/partner become an Obi-widow  :D

I'm assuming that you went for "possible option 2".

The French Obi needs a very similar set up to the English Obi. It just requires different digit maps. I'll use the English Obi as a template:

Physical Interfaces - Phone
([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|999|112|**0|***|#{t=di2}(Mvg1)|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli)
Instead of 999|112 insert all numbers that you consider genuine emergency numbers. They will be treated as a special case and sent direct to line with no digit map manipulation.
This rule "#{t=di2}(Mvg1)" means when you press # you will hear a second dial tone and allows numbers that match Mvg1. This is your "pretend" English dial tone.

OutboundCallRoute
{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(999|112):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<#:>(Mvg1)):vg1},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}
Instead of 999|112 insert all numbers that you consider genuine emergency numbers – same as in phone port digit map.

Now everything that is not an emergency number goes in the digit map of the trunk that you want it to go out on.

DigitMap(Mvg1)
(0[1-3]xxxxxxxxx)
This dials UK landlines after you press # for "English dial tone.

DigitMap(Mli) In your case this is also Mpli (Map primary line)
(........|00447xxxxxxxxx)
Put the non emergency numers here for French PSTN. This will send them and UK mobiles to French PSTN. Because it is primary line there is no need for **8 code, simply dial the number as is.

In reply #4 above:
DigitMap(Mvg3)
(0xxxxxxxxx)

Should have read
DigitMap(Mvg1)
(0xxxxxxxxx)

My copy and paste error! Keeping records in a Word doc is a good idea, I certainly do the same. Also, make notes in the doc to explain why things work as they do! (Helps me lots).

This is heavy with detail:
http://www.obihai.com/docs/OBiDeviceAdminGuide.pdf

Or search by topic "digit map" user RonR.

So the basic principles are:

1. Leave phone port digit map and outboundroute at default, except to modify emergency numbers suitable for your country and adding extra digit maps.

2. Do all the routing in the digit maps applicable to the trunk you wish that number to go out on.

3. All the digit maps do need to be referenced in the phone port digit map and outbound route. (See example of adding Mvg1 above).

I'm happy to stay involved until it's working as it looks interesting  :)