News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi110: 2 Google voice numbers, one phone unit, 2 different ringtones?

Started by SidS, August 22, 2012, 10:58:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SidS

I have one Obi110 which is carrying two Google Voice services over it. One is for me and my wife and the other is for my extended family that's visiting us. Everything works just fine EXCEPT that when a call comes IN, the ringtone is the same - we don't know if its for me/wife or for the visiting family.

Is there any way to setup Obi such that it rings differently when a call comes from service line #1 versus service line #2?

QBZappy

SidS.
Select your ring pattern this way
Voice Services->SPx Service->X_DefaultRing = 1 to 10
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

rocketben

I want to do the exact same thing, but I'm not quite sure how to make it do it. I went to obitalk.com, device configuration, Obi expert configuration, Enter OBi Expert, SP2 Service. I see X_DefaultRing, but I can't change the value (it's greyed out and not changeable). Am I doing this wrong?

jimates

you must un check the two boxes to the right of the field, then you can make the changes.

rocketben

OK, I figured it out. Unchecking the "ObiTalk Settings" box did nothing, I still couldn't change anything. The trick was to uncheck the box, then submit changes. Then I could access the value dropdown. That extra submit step was just a bit non-intuitive.