News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Calls form outside to Obi ring alternate GV number

Started by spencerjw, August 24, 2012, 07:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spencerjw

I've read all the posts, read the FAQ and Googled for additional answers but not finding one that works.

Anytime I call my GV number from either my phone (the secondary number for the GV account) or even my wife's phone it never sends to the Obi and rings the land line.

I made sure that my cell phone (the forward number on the GV account) has the Voicemail Access set to NO in the advanced settings but when I call from my number the GV system tells me "The number you have called is not available".

When I call the GV number form another phone (i.e. wife's cell) it rings my cell phone.

When I pickup the handset that's plugged into the Obi and call either of our numbers it rings through just fine and shows up as the GV number.

What's going on here? I'm totally stumped and no amount of Googeling has provided an answer.

Note: This is a NEW GV number and a new Obi device, like in the last hour or so but everything else is working just fine.

spencerjw

UGH!!

Why does the FAQ say "In www.google.com/voice (Voice settings), "Forwards to: Google Chat" is not checked." instead of what the little piece of paper that came with the Obi (just read it) says to make sure that the Google Chat is ON ?!?

Setting that to ON fixed the problem!

QBZappy

spencerjw,

Welcome

I was just in the middle of writing something to you. Glad it worked out.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.