News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi Attendant access from non-trusted phones

Started by chachi, August 25, 2012, 11:26:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chachi

Love the Obi202 and the callback feature. This is especially useful when I'm overseas and use a local cell phone. However, the only way to use to callback feature is to the have the number added trusted caller circle. This isn't always possible when I don't have internet access.

It would be great if the Obi would allow non-trusted numbers to access the obi-attendant by using special number entry. For example:

1. Have the obi pick up after three rings, you enter * on the phone you're calling from and the obi attendant menu is made available.

2. You enter your pin to access all features of the obi attendant.

I understand this presents a problem with voicemails provided by SIP services such as GoogleVoice. Because if the GV voicemail pick up, there is no way for the Obi to answer. Perhaps if Obi provided it's own voicemail service. It may resolve this issue.

jimates

you can have the AA answer every call. You can record your custom options for the callers. Pressing 1 will continue the call as configured on the Obi, so if you use the Obi to fork calls to multiple phones the call will continue as configured.

You do not have to present the callers with every option. You can record prompts for only 2 options but tell your trusted callers the prompts that aren't announced (press 2 to make a new call), and of course use the pin for security.

Of course this would take the google voicemail out of the loop. A home answering machine would then take the calls. You can even have the Obi dial a designated number if no option is selected. you could have the Obi call your google voice number again, using a different trunk, and have your google voice set to always send that number to voice mail. So telling the caller to just wait to be delivered to voicemail would work.