News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Recently, incoming calls go directly to Google voice mail, spam or blocked

Started by tafkam, August 28, 2012, 04:46:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tafkam

Hello,

I did search the forums and read the FAQ but I have not found anything as of yet and was wondering if anyone else is having, or has had, a similar issue.

I have an Obi 110 and use it with Google Voice for my "home" phone.

I set it up about 6 months ago and all worked very well until approximately two months ago, when some calls are now not ringing through, and if the caller leaves a (Google Voice) voice mail then the system no longer forwards that to my email address.  It used to pretty consistently and I did change the email address and it worked one time, and after that it no longer notifies me via email that I have a new message via Google Voice.

At the very least, I need to get that working as I do not log in to my Google Voice account often and if for some reason, the call does not get through the Obi to my answering machine, I won't know that they called.

Also, a lot of calls seem to be going to the spam folder and I cannot figure that one out either.  These are calls from friends, parents, in other words people I want to get.  I do not see a way to turn the spam or junk call filter off and even if there were I am not sure I would want to do that. 

Also, in at least one case, a call from  the VA medical center here must have went to the "blocked" list (it was not on the list) as they got the message that the number had been disconnected.

I have one cordless phone/answering machine combo hooked up to the Obi.

I used a basic setup per the instructions on this website, and beyond that did not make any configuration changes to the Obi, or my Google Voice settings, my network/router/ISP or anything else.

I did update the firmware the other day but this made no difference as a call yesterday from my father went directly to Google voice mail without going through to the Obi.  I realize that if I am using the line then of course it will go to Google voice mail but this has happened too consistently for that to happen.

I have had absolutely no issues with outgoing calls except for one day when the GV service was down for half the country, and it was fixed that same day so this is actually more reliable than my AT&T land line was.... ;D

Any advice would be much appreciated.

jimates

every thing you have said leads to google voice, not the Obi.

You can turn off the spam filter under the "calls" heading in the settings at google voice. I would try toggling the settings at google voice, change it and save, then change it back and save again.

tafkam

jimates,

Thanks I will try that, and yes I did figure it was mostly if not all GV related, but I was hoping that there may have been some others who have had the same issue with Obi/GV and could share any steps they had taken to get it fixed.  Thanks again and I will look for that spam setting I must have missed it.
Thanks again

tafkam

Quick follow up, the spam filter was turned off however the email notification was unchecked for some reason, I did not uncheck it since the last email notification so it must have been a web site issue.

I rechecked and saved, also toggled the spam filter on and off again so will see what happens......